D&D 5E Favorite 3PPs' setting?

Sticking to fantasy
Kobold's Press Midgard is probably my favorite. That includes the addendum stuff too.
Obsidian Apocalypse is decent.
The 5E version of Numenera is decent.

Setting I don't mind, but generally are a little dark for me
Scarred Lands
Midnight

I look at rules (races, classes, subclasses, feats, spells etc) and monsters and steal them away any place I can.

Grim Hollow as a setting, and Drakkenheim as a location.
It certainly helps that Drakkenheim could absolutely be a place inside the Grim Hollow setting.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
I like Midnight, but it looks like the 5e version is a bit lacking. I will get the pdf before making further comments.

Midgard is great, it's very well supported, and it has a lot interesting lingering plots.

Lost Citadel looks cool, and the fiction is great, but I have not found anyone to play it with.

Libertad

Hero
This may mark me as a casual, but Midgard continues to be my favorite. They're still making good content and don't seem to be in the process of slowing down.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'm pretty basic, but I like my low-fantasy, so

• Middle-Earth from Free League (prev. from Cubicle 7) based on LotR
  • @Steampunkette 's Sins of the Scorpion Age as said by @GuyBoy is splendid (I'd prefer it as a 5e project instead of LevelUp, but that's me :p )
  • Symbaroum is great but I dont think the 5e rules are a such a great match for the setting.
  • Not published, but to rival D&D I'd go for a JRPG license such as Final Fantasy's Ivalice, LoZ's Hyrule or the DragonQuest games.

I wonder if the best option for Sasquatch Game Studio's IPs should be to be acquired by WotC.

Any new about Laser & Lichs?

What about "Rhune: Dawn of Twilight" by Bunny Storm Studio?

Humblewood by Hit Point Press as a potential as sleeper franchise. It looks very kid-friendly, perfect to sell toys.

Remove ads