• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Beer?

Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Chimay, made by Trappist monks in Belgium, is a superior drink, but you HAVE to drink it from that funny snifter glass they depict on the label or it's just not as good.

Second me for the Chimay.

Saaaaaaaaaaaay, that reminds me that the "Stumbling Monk" beerhouse is just a teeeeeeeeeeeeeny little bit across the street from me. Nothing but Belgian brews. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

SpringPlum

First Post
I prefer hard ciders like Woodchuck, K, or Hornsby's. But if beer is all there is, I'll drink Dos Equis. Tecate is good when the juice of a couple fresh limes is squeezed in.

Wycen

Explorer
To all those who claim Guiness as their favorite, have you tried Murphy's?

My favorites probably have changed over the years and will probably continue to.

I loved Henry Weinhard's Ice Ale, but apparently they either don't make it anymore or don't distribute it in California, I don't know which since they don't have an official website.

Bar none I have to say that beer out of the tap is better than can or bottle and I rarely drink any beer out of a can anymore. Samuel Adams out of the tap is so much better than the bottle it pretty much spoiled my enjoyment of their stuff.

Which brings me to Pyramid Brewery. I love their stuff, but again going to the bar and ordering a growler is so much better. Of course, it wasn't my growler so that hasn't happened in several months.

But anyway, I like their Apricot Ale, Curve Ball and Coastline particularly well. I can't remember if it was the Curve Ball or Coastline, but one of those really rocked.

I also like Redhook ESB, Anchor Steam, Modelo dark and light, Bass and other stuff I can't remember or didn't see listed by others in this thread.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Root

Barqs is about the closest you can get to the old Dad's Rootbeer around here, and even that's a pale imitation. A&W if I want something 'quieter'. Mug on sale or if I'm in the mood for a 'mellow' rootbeer.

If I'm in the mood for a 'premium' rootbeer there's Henry Reinhart.

Shasta Rootbeer OTOH is like making love in a canoe in the middle of a lake. You should all know why.

BTW, I tried Canadian rootbeer once. That's not a drink, it's a damn syrup. :lol:

the Jester

Legend
I'm very fond of Belgian white ales these days. Also very fond of a good stout or porter- Young's double chocolate stout is great, I'm a guinness lover, etc.

Akrasia

Procrastinator
Gregor said:
Im becomming a huge fan of German Weisse Beers. ... there is a good Quebec Brewery that makes a really good Weisse - Blanch de Chambly. They also make a beer called Maudite which is pretty darn good as well!

I love Maudite! (Damn, wish I was back in the mother country...)

Here is SF, my brews of choice are Pilsner Urquell, Stella Artois, and Boddington's. The occasional Guinness is nice too.

Hard to find a good German Weisse Beer down here (some micro-brews are OKAY)...

Speak of Asmodeus -- I need another Boddy's right now!

MonsterMash

First Post
With dark beers (porter/stout) I really love Fullers Porter, but its very hard to get in London, which is odd as they brew it here. Guinness, Murphys, and Mackesons are all nice.

Otherwise its english ales for me usually Deuchars IPA is nice and refreshing in the warm weather or Fullers Waggledance.

Remove ads