Favorite cigarette?

Elementgreen

First Post
Parliament Lights. Used to be Benson & Hedges 100's. Nothing really special.

Have you guys seen those new Camels that have this weird... knob inside them that, when broken, turns the regular cigarette into a menthol?

Lol its not a knob. Their called Camel Crush. It's nothing special. All you do is crush a bead inside the filter and it turns it into a menthol. Its not all that good in my opinion.

frankthedm

First Post
Its not all that good in my opinion.
I kind of liked them. Not a fan of menthol cigs, but taking the last hit of the cigarette as a menthol has a certain charm.

I generally go with Light 100's hardpack; i tend to alternate brands between Camel, Flintstones{Winstons] or Maverick if i am feeling really cheap.

flintwinstongq8.jpg

EDIT: the Flintstones cigarette commercial. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZvHiiWFbBU[/ame]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
By the way, I made a short review on them too XD

You look too young to smoke :hmm: :D

Anyways, nowdays I've turned to L&M Greens, as I'm cutting back. When I was really heavily smoking I used to smoke pipe with vanilla-flavored tobacco and occasionally a really strong local brand of cigarettes.

I haven't really found mine yet, but I've been looking into Camel Turkish Royals and Marlboro Virginia Blend. Which of the two do you think is better? Is there anything else better than that?

Also, what's your favorite brand/blend? I've always been fond to Cloves and Camel.
What makes one brand of cigarettes better than another, if you don't mind me asking? I'm not a smoker, and always kinda thought they all just smelled like burning tobacco...

I'm genuinely curious!
Elementgreen said:
By the way, don't put any posts about the hazards of smoking, that's totally not up for discussion, as I rather enjoy smoking : ]
Is it that you enjoy smoking, or that you just aren't concerned about being addicted to nicotine?

I won't say anything about the health risks, because you've probably heard it already, and because you mentioned that you don't want to hear about it. That's reasonable, just so long as you're aware of the significant costs associated with smoking.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
What makes one brand of cigarettes better than another, if you don't mind me asking? I'm not a smoker, and always kinda thought they all just smelled like burning tobacco...

I'm genuinely curious!

The normal everyday brands don't have much difference between them but after smoking a few years you start to notice subtle changes in the taste and the way your body reacts. Some milder brands tend to leave you wanting for another because they don't give the same soothing feeling for example.

Then there's ofcourse the specialty blends with hints of Vanilla or Cherry for example. Those can usually be distinguished by nonsmokers too, and in many case have much more pleasant taste. Ofcourse with some of these there is the problem that a nonsmoker mistakes the sweet smell for something else and calls for cops :D. (Personal experience. The cops were quite angry for that bartender for calling them in because of vanilla-cigar :D)

awayfarer

First Post
I'm not a smoker but I do partake of the occasional cigar. I like Backwoods but their packed a bit loose and sometimes leave bits of tobacco in your mouth. A friend of mine swears by Macanudos, which are also pretty good.

My sisters girlfriend occasionally smokes cloves. If we're in a party situation I sometimes bum one.

Elementgreen

First Post
I'm not a smoker but I do partake of the occasional cigar. I like Backwoods but their packed a bit loose and sometimes leave bits of tobacco in your mouth. A friend of mine swears by Macanudos, which are also pretty good.

My sisters girlfriend occasionally smokes cloves. If we're in a party situation I sometimes bum one.

Cloves are awesome : ]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Just got done having a Swisher Sweet cigar. I used to smoke them all the time and they were great. Of course, its low cost and therefore not high brow quality.

:-S I think my tastes have evolved because it wan't as good as I remembered. Next time, I'm gonna pay at least $5 for a cigar.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Back when I used to smoke I'd have said Lucky Strike (filtered) or Winston. Nothing too exotic for me. That said I've been smoke free for over a year and would never go back. :)

Remove ads