• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite D&D books

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Well, that depends.

Favorite books by edition:

3e Unearthed Arcana
2e Monster Mythology & Creative Campaigning
1e Lankhmar: City of Adventure
OD&D: Red Box ;)

Dark Jezter

First Post
The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. With great artwork, layout, new rules, presentation, feats, prestige classes, and mountains of information about the setting, this is the way a campaign setting book should be done.

Turanil

First Post
The 3.5 boxed set and Expanded Psionic Handbook do not come into consideration. They go first in any case. But that considered, if I should name only one after that I would say Grim Tales.

------------------------

Edit: Grim Tales is a d20 book, not a D&D book. If I had to keep only one book after the 4 basic books, I would opt either for Unearthed Arcana then create my own setting, or I would keep Dragonlance campaign setting. I just love that setting, or maybe it's just the book, but for some reason don't feel the desire to run it.

Last edited:

Ron

Explorer
d20 D&D: Oriental Adventures and Manual of Planes
AD&D 2nd Edition: The City of Greyhawk Boxed Set (all time favourite) and Mostrous Arcana: Sea Devils
AD&D: The World of Greyhawk Boxed Set and The Dungeon Master Guide
OD&D: The Known World Gazetteers series, in special Glantri, Karameikos, and Shadow Elves

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads