• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite FR deity?

Terwox

First Post
Aww. I'm the only person who lies Ilmater best. That's too bad.
Favorite evils are Cyric and Shar... megalomania and nihilism. Fun.

Ferret

Explorer
Too many cool dietys!

Nebelun; he makes cool stuff like smoke powder, Malar;just cool, Mask; he is sneaky and cool stuff, Mielikki; Natury and cool stuff, (Why is ogmah a bard god, when he is clearly lawful?), Selûne; Good lycantropes, traverlers, a groovey domain and cool weapon!Shar; Good outfit weapon(depicted anyway) but she should be chaotic no? Tearing down order etc, Shaundakul; 'Nuff said. Tymora; See above, Hoar; Kick *Expecitive*!!!, Lurue; Same as Mielikki, Milil, Shiallai, Ulutiu.

Glaurung

First Post
Good--well, none really :) ---Oh, I forgot Ilmatar, the Broken God.

Neutral--Shaundakul, hands down, followed by the Red Knight, Hoar, and Finder Wyvernspur.

Evil--I liked Iyachtu Xvim, but he's dead. The same with Moander...sad really. I also like Urdlen- the evil god of the gnomes.

Go Chardun!!

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Thank you Mighty Mike Gill! All hail the Great General and the Reaver!

Of course the Lord of the Mountain and the Avenger get my praise as well. I need that Mithril Knight Pr-class. ;)

Last edited:

rounser

First Post
For me, Tymora is the definitive FR deity - her portfolio sums up the feeling of lackadaisical adventure and deadly whimsy that adventuring in the realms is supposed to stand for, if you get the vibe that Ed Greenwood seemed to be going for.

Second place goes to any dead god, from Amaunator to Borem to Moander. They're just plain useful as campaign or adventure hooks for when they make a comeback, or for exploring the ruins of their temples. The idea of a long dead deity rising up again fits the FR feel to a tee.

Third place goes to the Earthmother (or if you prefer, Chauntea, sorta), because a goddess who more or less is the land (the Moonshaes) is utterly useful to a campaign, and ties the fate of the people, the land and the druids directly to that of the goddess. Give the PC druid a grove and associated responsibilities to look after the body of his goddess, and there are one million adventure hooks waiting to happen...the land can be a fragile thing, under threat in many ways.

Last edited:

Remove ads