• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite/Hated Race - and Why?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Do you have a favorite fantasty race you prefer to play? Why?

Is their a particular fantasy race you hate? Why?

Are the gnome-lovers going to dominate this thread? Why?

WHW4

First Post
Favorite: Human. Why? I am one, and I can relate to human emotions.

Least favorite: Elf. Why? I don't know, some things just ARE.

Gnome lovers domination: Probably.

Stormonu

Legend
Favorite: Human. Why? I am one, and I can relate to human emotions.

Least favorite: Elf. Why? I don't know, some things just ARE.

Gnome lovers domination: Probably.

Favorite? Dwarf, it's expected they grumble

Least? Gnomes, their niche is filled by dwarves and halflings

Gnome lovers dominion? Gnomes don't really exist. They're halflings in disguise, making fun of dwarves

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
My favourite is the Dragonlance Minotaur, even though I haven't actually played them that much. There's just something about a seafaring monster race.

I hate the Achaierai. Eww. Yuck.

Now we'll never know whether gnome lovers had dominated if you hadn't intentionally invoked them.

TroyXavier

First Post
Favorite-Gnomes. They match my mentality fairly well.

Least Favorite-Elves...too many variations. You'd think they were humans with all their variety.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Do you have a favorite fantasty race you prefer to play? Why?

Is their a particular fantasy race you hate? Why?

Are the gnome-lovers going to dominate this thread? Why?

Favorite - I almost always prefer playing humans

Least Favorite - some of the "new" 4E races are fine as NPCs, villains/allies, but I am not a fan of a lot of them as PCs. No one race in particular, though.

No idea on gnome lover domination.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
My favorite is human.

Least favorite: Elves. Because nobody wanted to play anything else for a long time. Even worse when Drizzit first came out. Everybody wanted to be a Drizzit clone. Nobody would play anything else other than dual wielding Drow elf Rangers for almost two years.

Ugh.

But it's funny. I have three elf characters in DDO. My main character is an Elf Wizard/Cleric. I chose the Elf for it's additional spell points.

I also have two other Drow characters. One is a Drow Paladin (yes and he is even Lawful Good) and a Drow Rogue/Fighter. I chose them for their spell resistance.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Do I have to answer why? Xp
Just got off a week of teaching High School

Favorite--Korean, my mother was one.
Least Favorite--Etruscan, they were weenies compared to the Romans.

Gnomes rule, halflings drool, and dwarves get it all over their beard.

And when forced to play in an all drow campaign, I played a 2/2 Rogue/Sorcerer Apothecary who learned the addiction spell from the BoVD, so he could make new customers. This was even sweeter when the DM expected us to all play Drizzt clones and none of us did.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
least favorite races= those races where every player i have ever seen plays the exact same 'archtype' when playing someone of that race. it gets old and tiresome to me if the race's flavor is so niche focused that every individual is the same.

Stoat

Adventurer
Favorite: Dwarf. Whiskey drinking, axe toting goblin killers who solve their problems through the stubborn application of force. Also grudges. What's not to like?

Least Favorite: Elf. They screw trees.

Gnomes with Badgers? Meh.
Gnomes with Wrenches? Yay!

Remove ads