• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite/Hated Race - and Why?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Favourite: Humans with a fair bit of love for Dwarves and even Elves.

Most Hated: Kender. I've never seen them done in any way other than as an excuse for a player to be a total <expletive deleted.> Tieflings and Dragonborn are up there too, but for game cheese reasons rather than intensely annoying player reasons.

Gnomes: meh.

Starfox

Hero
Approaching this mainly from a DM/Designer perspective.

Favorite: Human. Mostly because I like an understandable world, and having the majority of the PCs be human lets the non-human characters stand out. Basically, unless you have a specific urge to play another race, human should be the best/default option.

Disliked: Dragon Ogre (this used to be a race in WHFB). Not really because of what they were, but because of what they represent; pile on more and more and you end up over the top and trite. The Dhampyr is in the same class for me, but I guess it would be possible to build a cool campaign around Dhampyrs and Shardminds - if that was what the campaign was all about.

Gnome Domination: If I ever found a gnome in any game, I would ask.

Remove ads