• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Post Apocalyptic d20 game or setting

Reynard

Legend
Just out of curiosity, for those that like post apocalyptic gaming, what's your favorite d20 treatment of the genre. I like a lot of them but I have to lean most heavily toward Darwins World, which, to me, took the best parts of Gamma World and bolted them on to a more Fallout-esque tone.

GlassJaw

Hero
Not sure about an entire setting but I did enjoy d20 Modern Apocalypse. Lots of good setting material in addition to the crunch.

yojimbouk

Explorer
Darwin's World. Setting is less gonzo than Gamma World and has a distinct Fallout feel to it as a result.

d20 Apocalypse was a good PA toolkit as well.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
It's not a MODERN post-apocalyptic setting but Fantasy Flight's Midnight sparked my imagination as soon as I heard the elevator pitch for it.

Last edited:

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Darwin's World, based on D20 modern, far and away. Plus, a Savage Worlds edition is on its way. I believe a True20 rules conversion was done, too.

Honorable mention: Redline. In a tiny package, piles in tons of flavorful content.

Remove ads