• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post-Apocalyptic Games

Thomas Shey

Legend
Just bought Broken Earth on Drive-thru, so I'll have to let you know.

Turned out to be one problem with the provided adventure chain if you use it (the consequence of the settings/adventure originally having been apparently written for a Pathfinder shell) but I found the rest of it worked pretty well.

Edit: Speaking of which, you might want to make sure you have the SW version, and to make it clear, it requires SW to use. Its an add-on, not a standalone game. Figured I'd mention it while there was still time to return what you got if inappropriate.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Back in the day I bought Aftermath when it first came out and used the rules for a while, it’s a complex system. I still have the metal D30 !!
At the same time I was also running a Traveller Sci-Fi game but had converted that game to use the Hero System Rules. I then did a conversion (well everyone created new characters based around their original Aftermath characters) of Aftermath to Hero System Rules and went in from there using Aftermath as our source book. It allowed me to play with zombie/mutant style humans and creatures as well a humans for the PCs the play against. They never knew what I might throw at them next.
All that played were Mad Max 1 fans so I ran a Mad Max, Steel Dawn, Walking Dead world where the main PCs played the cops trying to hold onto humanity and looking for survivors.

I almost recommended Aftermath--I still think it has a reputation for being more complex than it is. But that might be my perception and its a fairly old game at this point.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Turned out to be one problem with the provided adventure chain if you use it (the consequence of the settings/adventure originally having been apparently written for a Pathfinder shell) but I found the rest of it worked pretty well.

Edit: Speaking of which, you might want to make sure you have the SW version, and to make it clear, it requires SW to use. Its an add-on, not a standalone game. Figured I'd mention it while there was still time to return what you got if inappropriate.
I have SW, but thanks for the warning.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads