D&D General Favorite Role Aids Supplements with Covers

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Give us more than that! :)

What makes Role Aids "Lich Lords" so awesome? What does it bring to your D&D game! Inquiring minds want to know!
Well, there's this....

20210409_003822.jpg

I never had it back in the day, but recently picked a copy up from Noble Knight. It's a fascinating read, and interesting to see what parts of their dwarf lore still matches and what doesn't. For example, they pitch dwarven armies as mostly guerilla fighters, which is a different take from the doughty, well-armored legions generally pictured these days.

Also, the adventure part's pregens are far more well-defined then TSR's tended to be, with details about their past and motivations that might clash with each other's.

I used to have that book!

....and, yeah, those dwarves are gonna talk $!?# about you once you turn your back.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
This is the one I got the most mileage out of. The Mystic Locations were great and had nice fold-out maps. I never got a player character high enough level to even consider using the Arch Magician class, but I've used Arch Magician NPCs before. While most Role Aids supplements were chock-full of stuff you could rip off and reuse, this was the one I ended up reusing the most.

I can't remember which was the one with the Great Beasts? You had "dungeons" which were inside the bodies of ancient leviathans; the maps were great and the ideas were superb.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases