• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite WotC minis?

I think that the Balor looks pretty cool. It is probably my favourite out of the ones that I have. The Storm Archer is another favourite.

Olaf the Stout

Janaxstrus

First Post
It is hard to go wrong with the Grick.

I remember using that quite often when I first started, mainly because it looked cool.

If we go top 5 Best Looking:

1) Large Green Dragon
2) Horned Devil
3) Beholder
4) Balor
5) Couatl

NiTessine

Explorer
I think the Howler is very spiffy. Looks very fiendish indeed. The Aspect of Tiamat is another... and then there is the Gnome Trickster, with his itty bitty completely unusable gnome hooked hammer.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Blood War -- Horned Devil, Pit Fiend, Earth Element Gargoyle
War of the Dragon Queen -- Dracolich, Large Green Dragon, Tavern Brawler
War Drums -- Aspect of Moradin, Quaggoth Slave, Chimera
Underdark -- Aspect of Kord, Half-Ogre Barbarian, Mounted Drow Patrol
Angelfire -- Trumpet Archon, Ogre Mage, Celestial Pegasus
Deathknell -- Rask Half-Orc Chainfighter, Beholder, Large Blue Dragon
Aberrations -- Warforged Hero, Bladebearer Hobgoblin, Sahuagin Ranger
Giants of Legend -- Warforged Titan, King Snurre, Frost Giant
Archfiends -- Ialdabode Human Psion, Moon Elf Fighter, Champion of Eilistraee
Dragoneye -- Dire Ape, Large Red Dragon, Orc Druid
Harbinger -- Owlbear, Troll, Umberhulk

KB9JMQ

First Post
Behir is my absolute favorite.
I also really like the beholder, tiamat, gargantuan blue, dracolich, purple worm and the grick.
I had never used a grick before but designed an encounter with them cause I thought the mini was cool.

Kunimatyu

First Post
KB9JMQ said:
Behir is my absolute favorite.
I also really like the beholder, tiamat, gargantuan blue, dracolich, purple worm and the grick.
I had never used a grick before but designed an encounter with them cause I thought the mini was cool.

I'm curious how many people 'branched out' and used a new monster only because they had a mini for it. I suspect that quite a lot have, and that it's helped to facilitate DMs using monsters beyond the standard orcs-goblins-trolls-wolves.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I like Jeff Wilder's format so i'll use that!

Blood War -- Vlaakith the Lich Queen
War of the Dragon Queen -- Huge Fire Elemental (easily the toughest choice for me at there were about 6 I could have put here)
War Drums -- Skeletal Legionnaire
Underdark -- Iron Golem
Angelfire -- Efreeti
Deathknell -- Beholder
Aberrations -- Sahuagin Ranger
Giants of Legend -- Frost Giant
Archfiends -- Red Wizard
Dragoneye -- Orc Druid
Harbinger -- Hound Archon

If i had to pick one from the above list it would pronbably be either the Efreeti or Iron Golem. I don't get to use them often but they are two of my favourites.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads