• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite WotC minis?

Steel_Wind

Legend
Icons: Garagantuan Black Dragon
DDM: Aspect of Tiamat, Aspect of Hextor,
Cultist of the Dragon, Renegade Warlock, Human Wanderer (Harbinger!)

Kunimatyu said:
I'm curious how many people 'branched out' and used a new monster only because they had a mini for it. I suspect that quite a lot have, and that it's helped to facilitate DMs using monsters beyond the standard orcs-goblins-trolls-wolves.

I would go even further than that. D&D minis are probably going to result in me buying MM3 simply to have the full stats for a lot of the minis that I own.

Although I'm sure that was part of WotC thinking when they were deciding what figures to put in the minis set.

Olaf the Stout

Dark Psion

First Post
The Blue Dragon is magnificent!

One personal favorite, there is something about that Blackscale Lizardfolk that I just like.

What is you favorite "grouping" of Minis?

I have the Bonded Fire Summoner surrounded by the Small Fire Elemental, the Phoera and the Magma Hurler, but my favorite is the Inspired Lieutenant fingertip to fingertip with the Aasamir Fighter with the Fiendish Girallion and Celestial Pegasus backing them up.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
I'm curious how many people 'branched out' and used a new monster only because they had a mini for it. I suspect that quite a lot have, and that it's helped to facilitate DMs using monsters beyond the standard orcs-goblins-trolls-wolves.

I know I have. I never used a behir or beholder before I had the mini's for them.
I know that I will get a purple worm in my next campaign though I never used them either.
Same for elementals which I have rarely used. I plan to get some encounters with those soon.

Lumboloid

First Post
By set

Harbinger - Umber Hulk
Dragoneye - Black Dragon
Archfiends - Orc Champion
Giants of Legend - Fire Giant
Aberrations - undecided
Deathknell - Beholder
Angelfire - undecided
Underdark - Balor
War Drums - That Bugbear that is ghost like