Favourite Non-D&D games?

Jet Shield

First Post
I've been playing in a Dragon Age forum game that's pretty good. I've tried to play Shadowrun a few times, but the games I've gotten into all seem to fall apart before really getting started. I haven't played one long enough to really get to know the system, though I've read through several of the books and liked what I saw. Both games seem like something I could play long-term.

Agemegos

Explorer
My favourite is ForeSight, but these days I can hardly find anyone to play it. I use GURPS more often than any other because I can find people to play it and because it suits my needs for frequent changes of genre and setting, in particular covering SF gaming. I'm trying out the new FATE Core, and I'm very much looking forward to the Gaean Reach RPG that Robin Laws is working on.

Gamgee

First Post
My favourite games.
1. Star Wars Saga
2. Warhammer 40k Deathwatch
3. Numenera
4. Burning Wheel
5. ??? When I remember I'll add it in. I got a lot of games.

My groups top favourite games.

1. Star Wars Saga
2. Warhammer 40k Deathwatch
3. Pathfinder
4. Numenera
5. D20 Modern

Serendipity

Explorer
Traveller (pretty much any version), Mage: the Ascension (ideally revised), Gamma World (1st, 2nd, or 4th ed.), 1st ed. Stormbringer and (currently) Mutant Future. I like plenty others (Savage Worlds, Eclipse Phase, etc.) but those are the faves.

Well, I'm not a regular poster on this board, but I'll chime in. Other than 1st ed AD&D, my favorite non-oneshot games to run or play are Chaosium's 2nd ed Runequest, Classic Traveller, and Call of Cthulhu. I also bulldozered my way through running a Fading Suns campaign, but I have to say that I'm not really a fan of the system.

Minor games I'll do once in a while would include old TSR Gamma World / Metamorphosis Alpha, Paranoia, Stormbringer, FASA Star Trek, and WEG Star Wars d6.

I still haven't really got to play Warhammer 1st ed or Rogue Trader. And I have yet to find a smooth-running Tekumel system.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Villains and Vigilantes
Call of Cthulhu
Mutants and Masterminds
Star Wars Saga Edition - liking Star Wars Edge of the Empire too
Classic Traveller and MegaTraveller

Madmaxneo

Explorer
I have been playing RPG's since late 1981, and I have played a lot of RPG's in my time. My favorite all time games are Rolemaster and HARP. The mechanics in both games are solid and straightforward. You don't need any special rules to get something to work as it all fits together smoothly. Some of my fondest memories are in the original Marvel Superheroes from the 80's and that was one of the most basic rule sets I have ever played.
My top 5 are:
1. HARP
2. Rolemaster
3. Marvel Superheroes (1880's)
4. Spacemaster
5. Traveler
For those that don't know about HARP you should give it a try it is a great game that is easy to understand and play.
Bruce

Remove ads