• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat optimizer excel spreadsheet

Splart

First Post
Wondering which will give your PC more damage? Two-handed or one-handed? Is the Bastard Sword worth the feat?

Wondering which feat will help your PC survive longer in combat, Toughness or a armor feat? Is Iron Will worth taking?

I've created a spreadsheet to help optimize feat, stat, and paragon path selection for best defense or offense. The spreadsheet allows appropriate feats to be selected for each level, and then automatically calculates how strong the character would be in combat on average, using Kerberian's statistics on how often monsters have AC, Fort, Ref, Will attacks. You can make the choices above and see the immediate impact in percentage increase/decrease on your offense and defense.

It allows for up to five weapons, and will automatically pick the weapon/shield combo which does the best damage or defense, as selected.

Download it here: 4e Feat Optimizer Spreadsheet v1.0

The primary screen looks like this:

feat_opt_scrn.JPG

And it has piktures!

feat_op_chart.jpg

The spreadsheet is complex, and can break in many ways. For instance, if you untrain a feat you retrained later, the spreadsheet will spit out a mouthful of errors. No warranty or responsibility is taken for the data or results to your part of use of this sheet!

Possible future enhancements are:

1. Add in skill training and requirements
  2. Add in Weapon Proficiency training and non-proficiency penalties
  3. Create a "Feat Selector" sheet which would give all available feats at a given level and calculate offensive and defensive impact for easy selection
  4. Create an Player Sheet creator, that given a level would automatically fill in a character sheet appropriately
  5. Split out the feat and retraining of feats so that the impact of each can be seen separately
  6. Add in the rest of the Paragon paths for all classes
  7. Automate the weapon selection table to pull in automatically all weapon traits such as damage, high-crit, etc once the weapon name is entered instead of having to enter manually
  8. Implement secondary attacks for things like Rogue Riposte Strike or Warlock Hellish Rebuke

If you have a preference amongst those, let me know!

Also, I'd be interested to see any other optimized builds. The one I use is for a ranger, although it not ideal yet.

Comments?

--Splart

If you like this spreadsheet, you might also be interested in my previous work: Class comparison spreadsheet

Last edited:

loisel

First Post
This looks great! I think your Excel-fu is stronger than mine.

My suggestion: put screenshots comparing a few builds.

I've been looking at the FRPG, but I got nothing. I haven't found anything that seemed particularly effective; the Ranger still looks much better than anything else right now...

mattdm

First Post
Maybe I'm being a bit dense, but: what is the "Attacks" column on the Weapons page? Everything there by default except hammer says "2".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads