• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat - White Lotus Hindrance for Swordmage

afata5

First Post
Wow...this is what happens when you set the wrong notification type. Sorry for the delay.

Ok, so now i understand the advantages and disadvantages to the feat. Its not bad...but the next level up one is definetively better.

I am if there is mabey something better that I can take instead?

I currently have:
White Lotus Reposte
Imp Ini
Armor prof Hide
Eladrin Soldier

I'm lvl 8 as of now, Eladrin sheilding SM.

Any suggestions or do you think that White lotus Hinderance is best fit here?

Thanks,
Al

talarei07

First Post
not for white lotus but do you have the abilities to take chain prof? if so you should consider it instead of hide and get a hold of eladrin chain mail

afata5

First Post
But then I would lose my SwordMage ability...i thought that at least in heroic path it was best to stay with Hide or better leather..?

Klaus

First Post
not for white lotus but do you have the abilities to take chain prof? if so you should consider it instead of hide and get a hold of eladrin chain mail
His primary stat is an AC-boosting one, so going for chainmail really hurts him there.

Eladrin Soldier is really wasted on you, as you already have proficiency in the longsword. You'd be better off taking Focused Expertise (longsword). For a swordmage accuracy is better than damage.

You could also look into multiclassing into Wizard (same primary stat) for some area/ranged attacks. Trading any Swordmage 2 utilities for Shield is a bargain.

Destil

Explorer
You could also look into multiclassing into Wizard (same primary stat) for some area/ranged attacks. Trading any Swordmage 2 utilities for Shield is a bargain.
Or pick up a Farbond Spellblade and take some Artificer feats. Nice synergy with both Int and Con (if you're shielding) and some solid options for melee/ranged weapon attacks.

Remove ads