• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats for level 6 human wild sorc?

franzel

Explorer
Lots of good ideas in here so far.

One that wasn't mentioned is Nimble Blade which I would recommend if you think it's a party where you can get CA (by putting yourself in harm's way). I actually like the melee sorcerer build using Nimble Blade and Sorcerous Blade Channeling. I think it's a fun option but you definitely can't go 18/14. You need 16/16 for the extra defense (whether it's Dex or Str based) and Leather Prof.

In fact, if it were me I would do

16/16/12/12/10/8

+2 to CHA. Assign off stats as suits your character concept or future feat desires (like Hide armor)

For feats I would go

1) Action Surge / Leather Armor Prof
2) Implement Expertise [Dagger]
4) Sorcerous Blade Channeling
6) Nimble Blade

But that's just cause I like the idea of the melee sorcerer. This concept benefits from wielding twin daggers and things like TWD and TWO.

Part of the power of this build is heavily dependent on whether you think non-shadar kai should be able to take Reaper's Touch (turns at-will sorc power into a melee basic attack). ALL of the other feats in that dragon article require shadar-kai as a prereq EXCEPT that one. It's odd. But by RAW, it works.

If you don't want to go melee, don't bother with Sorc Blade Channeling or Nimble Blade now (you might pick up the latter if you take Distant Advantage and your party is built towards getting flanking: extra +hit is good). As mentioned by yourself and others, Arcane Spellfury is a good option because it's a +1 to hit some of the time.

I don't like Weapon Focus at heroic levels. +1 damage is just not worth it unless it's a lead-in for something else. At paragon levels, it's so-so and by epic it's usually worthwhile. But if you nothing else to take, it's not going to hurt you, that's for sure.

Another option, as mentioned, is to multiclass as Rogue (which can get you Stealth for CA action). This is a particularly good idea if you think you're going to want to take Daggermaster as your PP for the 18-20 crit range.

Last edited:

DracoSuave

First Post
If you want moar defense, that Staff fighting feat that makes your stick a double weapon isn't a bad choice--you can still go TWF/TWD/Etc with it, and reap the benefits.

themilkman

First Post
Part of the power of this build is heavily dependent on whether you think non-shadar kai should be able to take Reaper's Touch (turns at-will sorc power into a melee basic attack). ALL of the other feats in that dragon article require shadar-kai as a prereq EXCEPT that one. It's odd. But by RAW, it works.

The character builder and compendium both say that you do not need to be a Shadar-Kai to use Reaper's Touch. So if it is an error, it's a very consistent one.

I'd say it's probably safe to let everyone take it.

franzel

Explorer
The character builder and compendium both say that you do not need to be a Shadar-Kai to use Reaper's Touch. So if it is an error, it's a very consistent one.

I'd say it's probably safe to let everyone take it.

Sounds good to me.

Slightly off-topic, but that enables a nice melee-based Wild magic sorcerer build at paragon level of Daggermaster PP/Reaper's Touch on either Acid Orb or Dragonfrost/Two-Weapon Opening/Wild Spellfury with Bloodiron daggers.

Of course, Wild Spellfury is highly abusable where you use Burning Spray and for every enemy you hit in the close blast, adjacent enemies take DEX damage. I believe we are limiting that to once per round per enemy in our game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads