February 2008: Curse of the Crimson Throne Discussion

Malvoisin

First Post
Well, I'm at it again. :)

Before anything else, I should mention that I have a sort of...history...on these boards, and anyone interested in what follows should first check out the thread HERE. That's in the interest of full disclosure.

So then...Paizo will be releasing Pathfinder #7 sometime in late February. That issue will kick off the newest Adventure Path from those fine fellows, entitled 'Curse of the Crimson Throne.' The first installment is 'Edge of Anarchy'. As I understand it, this campaign will be largely urban-based, set in the city of Korvosa. As the time approaches, there will, of course be released a free, downloadable player's guide...a great resource for character creation.

So, my question...if I run this, who would be interested in playing?

That's all I want right now, no character sheets or even concepts...just names of interested persons. It's too early in the game for anything else...and I want to see who would still be willing to take a chance on me as a DM, given my past history.

As of now, I can't promise the game will even happen, this is just to test the waters. If it does happen, I can't promise how well it will go (though I will certainly give it my best), or how long it will last. But, I do commit to not disappearing on the players. If I need a break, even a long one, I will tell you so. I promise.

Let's discuss.

Thanks,
Mal

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Wow - Conquest of Bloodsword Vale - Really enjoyed that.
I hope all is well with you and you family now. :)
Welcome back!

I might be interested. =)

Malvoisin

First Post
FreeXenon said:
Wow - Conquest of Bloodsword Vale - Really enjoyed that.
I hope all is well with you and you family now. :)
Welcome back!

I might be interested. =)
Thanks, FX, nice to see you.

At least with Bloodsworn Vale, I was able to let you guys know that I was stopping. But it was fun while it lasted, wasn't it?

One 'maybe' on the board...it's a start! :)

Rhun

First Post
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is this part of the overall "Rise fo the Runelords" path? If it is, I'm already playing in a game along that path, and shouldn't get involved in another.

If it is completely different, I am interested, and am willing to give you another chance, Mal! :D

If you run something in six months, I want in. But only as Ye Olde Albatross. I can't do it now because in three weeks we will move across the Pacific back to the mainland. But six months from now, I want in on your next game.

Malvoisin

First Post
Rhun said:
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is this part of the overall "Rise fo the Runelords" path? If it is, I'm already playing in a game along that path, and shouldn't get involved in another.

If it is completely different, I am interested, and am willing to give you another chance, Mal! :D
Completely different! Rise of the Runelords concludes with Pathfinder #6, and Curse of the Crimson Throne is a brand new path, starting at first level with Pathfinder #7.

Glad to have you here, Rhun, thanks! :)

Malvoisin

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
If you run something in six months, I want in. But only as Ye Olde Albatross. I can't do it now because in three weeks we will move across the Pacific back to the mainland. But six months from now, I want in on your next game.
CB, who knows what I'll be up to in six months!

But, if there is an opportunity at that time, I'll happily reserve a spot for you! :)

Out of curiosity, why only as YOA?

Voadam

Legend
I used to jump into every game I could that I was interested in. Now unless other games I'm in fold I don't currently expect to be applying to any more in the near future. We'll see. I'd be willing to give you a seventh chance though if I am looking at the time. ;)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Voadam said:
I used to jump into every game I could that I was interested in. Now unless other games I'm in fold I don't currently expect to be applying to any more in the near future. We'll see. I'd be willing to give you a seventh chance though if I am looking at the time. ;)
Ditto. Too many games right now.

Remove ads