• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feeblemind and Spell-like abilities

hong

WotC's bitch
gfunk said:
To those of you who think . . . er . . . *KNOW* that SLAs are not shutdown by Feeblemind, a quick question:

How would you, as a DM, rule that a Feeblemind affects creatures with SLAs?

This was hinted at by a few people, but I don't recall anyone going into detail. Consider the fact that there is no creature (that I'm aware of) with a 1 Int and spell-like abilities. The problem here is mainly a subjective one and I'm sure different DMs will rule that creatures still have access to some SLAs.

Um, is this a trick question? If it has arcane-like spell-like abilities, it gets a -4 on the save. If it fails, it drops to Int 1. If it already has Int 1 or less, there's no change. It can still use the spell-like abilities it has, but if its Int has dropped severely, it may not know how to use them to full effect (examples already given).

And note the example of the astral construct given upthread, of a creature with no Int and yet has Sp abilities.

Remove ads