• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feedback on character art layout ?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Something about Minion Pro, other fonts work differently. I'm going to find another.
My go-to generic font for layout is Arial (because I haven't purchases a bunch of good TT fonts), but there are many good choices, and many fonts in the sea, if you'll permit me to mix a metaphor.

cavetroll

Explorer
Its like it will only accept a 1.5 line size multiple or go to 1 line size. Regardless of how I tweak the Leading % of height.
Anyway I logged an issue with Affinity. Here is the current.

1651010289811.png

Last edited:

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I still think there's too much line spacing. I have to faff about with both the line spacing and space after to get my stuff to look right a lot of the time. It's pain that it will only accept 150%, that seems like poor design. After posting upstream I went onto the doc I posted a pic of and the line multiple thing didn't work as advertised with the font in question. I dropped in to about 110% and added 6pt spacing and got decent results though.

cavetroll

Explorer
I still think there's too much line spacing. I have to faff about with both the line spacing and space after to get my stuff to look right a lot of the time. It's pain that it will only accept 150%, that seems like poor design. After posting upstream I went onto the doc I posted a pic of and the line multiple thing didn't work as advertised with the font in question. I dropped in to about 110% and added 6pt spacing and got decent results though.
I agree, its a bug with the Affinity Publisher (or my using it wrong). I can't seem to get 120% of height, it just jumps to 150%. I logged an issue on their forum.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I agree, its a bug with the Affinity Publisher (or my using it wrong). I can't seem to get 120% of height, it just jumps to 150%. I logged an issue on their forum.
I'm only just starting to muck about with DTPublishing software (Scribus) so most of my experience is rooted in Word.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Usually I will highlight the text I want the leading changed, and change the drop down to exactly, using the point value. Two to 3 points larger than the font is good, depending on the font.

cavetroll

Explorer
Usually I will highlight the text I want the leading changed, and change the drop down to exactly, using the point value. Two to 3 points larger than the font is good, depending on the font.
Yeah even using exact, it just "jumps" from 1 to 1.5 in size. Something weird I'm doing, some other setting affecting it.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Yeah even using exact, it just "jumps" from 1 to 1.5 in size. Something weird I'm doing, some other setting affecting it.
Honestly, one of the main barriers to me getting going on DTP software is the sheer number of buttons and functions. It's tweaks my anxiety in weird ways. Same with programs like GIMP.

Remove ads