• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'Feint Whispers Chapter 1: The Burning Plague' PC stats and OOC

jasamcarl

First Post
True

But regardless of what angle you would run, the zombie would have attacked you that round, and a few rounds in the foreseeable future. You did not 'run into' the zombie. Technically speaking, you are in the same or adjacent square as Ardoss, the zombie made the neccessary movement to attack you... the simple fact is, the zombie was hovering over Ardoss, you could not have gotten into range within the next two rounds without being attacked.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Uh ok... well either way, just provide a map in the future and it'll make the situation clear. I would have attacked the zombies or turned them if there was no way around them, rather than risk getting wounded and become another liability.

Krug

Newshound
Nice adventure... since we're so close to level 2, maybe a small side-trip or patrol? Or clean out the rest of the 'mine'? I think Whitney, in particular, is severely disadvantaged at being at level 1.

jasamcarl

First Post
Don't worry...

I have a short encounter ready to up the rest. And i'm bringing on somebody new, a ranger who can share some of the fighting and rougish duties. And you should all consider giving your newly established adventuring company a name. I would appreciate something with as little camp value as possible. :)

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus' Band has a nice ring to it. :D

The Company of The Slain Orc?

Also do I get a martial weapon proficiency in the Warhammer? Since it is the favoured weapon of Moradin.
If I do, could I get a Masterwork Warhammer? If I don't, a Masterwork Mace?

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
hmm

You don't have the War domain, so no on the warhammer, but yes you can get a masterwork mace. Everybody should update their character sheet accordingly, correcting whatever errors there still may be, and send it to me pronto. The earlier you do, the earlier we can begin chapter 2.

Krug

Newshound
Re: And the good brother...

Bhartus Tharden; M Dwarf Cleric 1; Size:M; hp 10; Init +1; Spd Walk 20'ft. ; AC 17 (+6 Armor, +1 Dex); Atk = +3 (+2 Str/+1 MW) melee, +2 (+1 Dex/+1 MW) ranged; SA: Stonecunning, save +2 vs. poison, save +2 vs spells, +4 dodge vs giants, +2 on Appraise of stone/metal items, +2 on stone/metal Craft check, Turn Undead; AL:NG; SV Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5
Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
Height 4' 0 inches, Weight 151 pounds
Skills and Feats: Heal +6, Diplomacy +2, Knowledge (Religion) +2, Spellcraft +2, Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +1
Feats: Scribe Scroll
Armor: Chain Mail and Large Steel Shield
Weapon: Masterwork Heavy Mace (1d8 +2/x2), Masterwork Light Crossbow with 40 bolts (1d8/19-20x2/80ft), Hand Axe (1d6 +2/x2)
Possessions: Backpack, Bell, Candle, Trail Rations (10), Sack, 2 Flasks of Oil
Treasure: 230 gp
XP: 950

Deity: Moradin Domains: Good,Earth Granted Powers: Cast good spells at +1 caster level.,Turn or destroy air creatures as a good cleric and rebuke or command earth creatures as an evil cleric. 3 + CHA modifier attempts per day.

Type/Spells
0 level: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
1: Bless, Summon Monster I, Protection from Evil (domain)

Description:
Brother Bhartus is a jovial fellow with a hearty, robust laugh, who loves a good ale. He's gone adventuring in order to defeat evil doers, which he considers his holy purpose, and earn enough for a few rounds of drinks. He hopes to run his own church in an emerging dwarven outpost someday.

Quest completed: The Burning Plague
---------------

Ok did some changes to weapons and armor, and deducted 10% of the take from the quest as a tithe to Moradin.

One more thing, is there a place to purchase potions of healing in town?

Last edited:

Remove ads