Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

Tokiwong

First Post
Satisfied his friends can handle this endeavor, he presses on with the army, "We march for another half day, but I do not wish to engage till the daylight hours, if anything I want to cut off their path, and engage them during the day, the night will be our enemy," he addresses his officers and tacticians.

Mirth

Explorer
"Good luck," Tarowyn says as Bhartus leaves, "If I know our D'orite, he'll need your help more than he knows."

When the scout makes his report to Jericho, Tarowyn gets a worried look on his face. A big black rock... the elf thinks to himself. "I think we have a problem," he says to Norri and Julia and motions them to join him as he walks back over to Jericho.

Her turns to the scout first, "Was the black rock in this shape?" Tarowyn draws an obelisk in the dirt at their feet. "If so," he looks up at Jericho, "I think that may be the source of the shaman's powers. Remember when we faced them before, the shaman never left that blasted stone and it was what drew the elementals up from the ground. I have a bad feeling that if you face them there around that obelisk, you're doomed to fail. It also means that the shaman is already surrounded by the army, which doesn't give us much of a chance to execute our sneak attack plan. We've either got to destroy that stone or we've got to draw that army away from it."

"And I do not have enough power to do both the stealthy approach and a damaging assualt of spells." 'Julia' says quietly, "I doubt I have enough magic to lay the shaman low with magic as it is.. had we a bit more time, magic and experice I think I could.. but I fear I shall fall short." Hangs her head. "Perhaps I should have had a bit more time at the keep to prepare for such a fight. Maybe if we have a feint to pull the forces out, we could bring in a group of archers to pile on the shaman and drop her quickly. I could go as well though I doubt beyond a few spells I'd be of much use, though I would be more use there than in a frontal battle."

Tokiwong

First Post
"I like the idea of drawing the enemy to us, Tarowyn how do you feel about a lightning night raid, to stir them, and perhaps draw them into a trap, hmm. It would be a dangerous game e play though, elfy," Jericho replies, thinking.

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus says "That might work but will they take the bait?" asks the dwarf. "Perhaps the halfling might want to come up with some creative insults for our goblin... that frequently works for those folk."

If he has opportunity, Bhartus will ask for the Prayer spell.

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
The scout nods at Tarowyn's question, "Aye, sir, it looked like that. Dark as the night it was."

Consistent with Jericho's orders, the column continues its march throughout the rest of the day until the night's blackness descends on the forest. It then camps, awaiting the dawn. Dozens of small campfires can be seen flickering between trees. Despite almost certainly having knowledge of your position, the goblin's make no attempt attack and in fact stay put around the black stone, or so your scouts inform you.

OOC Krug and Kain: You have the night to retool your spells prepared list.

OOC Everyone: Feel free to keep plotting. But I will need for someone, most likely Jericho or Tarowyn, to clearly state the plan before I proceed. I do like where you guys are headed with this so far. :)

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus prays for certain spells. "Oh Moradin may you grant me the spells you give me the power to turn the tide of combat, and may they teach the nefarious goblin a lesson of your might."
Bhartus' spell selection:
Type/Spells (5/4+1/3+1/2+1)
0 level: Resistance, Light, Read Magic
1: Bane, Bless, Doom, Cause Fear, Protection from Evil (domain)
2: Aid (domain), Hold Person, Sound Burst, Silence
3: Magic Circle Against Evil(domain), Summon Monster III, Prayer

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri wracks his little halfling brain for idea's.

Steal something valuable!

For some reason that didn't seem like the ideal tactic at the moment, unless...

When opportunity arises, if they are gathered around a campfire to speak at some stage, Norri proposes an idea.

"Ya know, an obelisk bein' a big lump o' stone, kinda makes it hard to damage. An' that shaman b:)tch is no easier to deal with either. If I can figure out where she sleeps..." Norri draws a finger across his throat, "One attempt, kill her if she's sleeping there at the time, if she ain't there I'll try to steal anything that looks valuable or that might give her power or somesuch. How's it sound? Well that and I could do something nasty that would kill moral."

Last edited:

Whitney retreats to her studies and sets up her spell book to look and ponder which spells she will want on the morrow. Mist lays close by, her tail holding down the pages for her mistress as she lays by the book, happy to be out in the open instead of packed into the top of her mistresses saddle bags, her air of diginity finally back in place as she watches the prowl and movement of the troops while her mistress reads by light, her glasses perched on her nose.

OOC: Will think out my spells and post them shortly. :-D

Remove ads