Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

jasamcarl

First Post
The scout lead's our heroes to the top of the hill. Once there, he drops to his knees, his forhead pressed to the ground, desperate prayers escaping his lips.

What greets you is a leafless, rotting tree with long, spindly branches. Seven of those branches are tied to a rope on the other end of which are the necks fo eight pale, lifeless men. They dangle silently, flickers of illumination dotting their cold features. They are each heavily armored, a robed in the family crests that indicate their knighthood. You should all recognize them as the Knights you encountered immediatly before facing the goblin shaman in the clearing, but where as then their faces were drawn in a noblemans sterness, here their cheeks are stretched upwards, their chin drawn down, simulating a silent laugh. All their eyes are open, the terror their belying the horrid jubilations of their mouth.

ooc: sorry for the tease, just had to get that in. You guys should decide amongst yourselves whether you want to particpate directly in the massed battle, Jericho's preference, or do the behind the lines commando thing as suggested by Tarowyn.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri goes pale, and ducks his head behind a tree to relieve himself of some suddenly unwanted food. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand before speaking.

"Erm.. ahh... should we... cut 'em down? Give 'em a proper burial mebbe?" he asks, certainly unnerved by the sight.

Last edited:

Whitney pales but doesn't move as she sees the sight. "Bhartus.. did we bring another priest.. one of the local faiths? Becuase I would.. like to see this abomination put to rest.. these men did not deserve this." looks to Jericho and Tarowyn. "and I doubt very much our men would agree that a 'knight' who was part of this deserves any honorable conduct from now on would he?" With that she turns her horse back around and returns to the main convoy, slipping back into 'Julia' as she lifts her hood to hide her face.

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus shakes his head. "Cut them down and see if there's a priest who would put their souls at rest, for they will walk the earth unceasingly otherwise."

Bhartus is enraged. "Meet them head-on, I say!"

Tokiwong

First Post
Jericho shrugs, "War is hell, cut them down, and tend to them as the locals see fitting, we have a war to win. Organize the men," he turns to his lead officer, "and be quick about it. Tarowyn Coldcloak, you have a chance to redeem yourself, organize a strike party, and finish off that Goblin Shaman once and for all, I would go with you, but my place is here with the men. Take Julia with you, her skill should prove invaluable in this endeavor. Norri I would like for you to assist Tarowyn, Bhartus, I cannot make your choices for you, but it may be best that you assist our friends."

Jericho starts walking back towards the army, his resolve hardened with the impassioned visage of a soldier ready for battle.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
"Right-o Jericho," Tarowyn says in response and salutes the D'orite clumsily. "By the way, I gave a field promotion to Sir Redleaf here and I would be obliged if, after he reports our conversation to the men, you would make special use of his bravery and forthrightness. He is loyal to a fault, best not to waste that quality."

"As for you, Tarkik," the elf says to the scout, "you're with me. Pick the best scout to accompany you and meet Norri, Julia and I by that tree. Quick, off you go.."

Turning to the rest of the Fist, he asks, "So what now? Julia, you have the floor. We'll need some kind of magic to get us in close to their camp. Any suggestions or ideas? Oh, and Bhartus, are you coming with us?"

"I could study a few spells of invisibilitiy, but the more of them I learn the less of my 2nd order magics I will have to cast against the shaman. " Frowns as she thinks on this. "I didn't have much beyond that in the way of stealth to offer, so I could do that.. but I'm most likely only going to be able to cast 2, maybe 3 such spells." Looks to Tarowyn. "Though if she's distracted with an ongoing battle, I'm sure there would be less concern about us wouldn't there?" pats her crossbow and tries to think of a good balance of spells to use in such a situation.

Remove ads