• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers: The Burning Plague

Whitney sighs as she picks up a torch to use.

"A moment please, while those of us not graced with excellent sight in the dark helps to fix that?" pulls out her flint and steel to light any useful torch she can find. "Sorry I don't have the magics to see in darkness yet."

tjasamcarl

First Post
Further inspection...

As Whitney's torch comes to life, each member notes that the tunnel is 10 feet tall and 15 feet wide, with picks and shovels strewn across the floor. The mineshaft appears to head north.

Brother Bhartus' closer inspection of the area visible from the entrance reveals that as well as being chipped, the supports are also stained with blood...

Nothing else catches the eye.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus says "Well... we should investigate. I am not sure as to how we can prevent ourselves from getting the disease. My powers will not allow me to cure this disease, as you understand."

"So... shall we step into the depths?"

{To DM: What do we know about the disease and its symptoms?}

Last edited:

tjasamcarl

First Post
The party begins its trek into the mine, noting that the tunnel seems slant downward at a gradual incline.

After walking about 120 feet, the tunnel opens into a small, roughly rectangular chamber. Scattered chunks of silver ore surround an overturned pair of wooden carts. The lower half of what appears to be a human body juts out from beneath one of the cart's edges. It shows no signs of movement. Dried blood is smeared across the northern wall in several places. Exits lead to the west and the east.

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus steps towards the body and uses a stick or if none, his mace to poke at it from a safe distance... He tries to see if there's any signs of the disease on it. He uses his dwarven skills to deduce what he can from the exits and where they lead to. He also examines the ore to see if he can tell their worth. Might be worth picking up a nugget or two...

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Jericho sniffs the air and looks around his blade at the ready...

Smells like adventure to me...

OOC: Just staying alert, and ready to act at a given notice

tjasamcarl

First Post
Corspe and Ore...

The deceased individual was obviously the victim of foul play, having suffered several puncture wounds to the chest and neck area.

Bhartus is unable to determine whether or not the body is contagious, or even if it was ever infected with the disease in the first place. The exact value of the ore is also up in the air....

There is no way to determine the destination of either exit...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads