D&D 5E Feywild Questions RE: Witchlight area

Cryptwright

Explorer
I've got some questions if anyone happens to know. I wrote a starter campaign that takes place in the Shadowfell last year. It revisits all the same locations as Lost Mine of Phandelver but in their Shadowfell counterpart. This went on to great success.

I've been working on the sequel to it that takes place in the Feywild through out their version of the same locations. Then they announce the Witchlight book and now I'm worried the locations will somehow be included and what I'm writing will state contrary things. (I already had a carnival idea written up that I'll have to change now 😒 ) I do realize this isn't that huge a deal but I like to have good continuity with published material if possible.

Is anyone aware of where in the Feywild (other than the carnival) that it will be taking place?

Example maps of what I'm referring to:

lmop_area_reddit.jpg
lmop_area_shadowfell_reddit.jpg

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
As far as I can see, the campaign is set in something called a Domain of Delight, which is a lot like Barovia in that it is self-contained and not a reflection of a place on the Material Plane. So you shouldn't have to worry about what you're describing, Prismeer sounds like an entirely new place, not a reflection of somewhere on the Sword Coast.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've got some questions if anyone happens to know. I wrote a starter campaign that takes place in the Shadowfell last year. It revisits all the same locations as Lost Mine of Phandelver but in their Shadowfell counterpart. This went on to great success.

I've been working on the sequel to it that takes place in the Feywild through out their version of the same locations. Then they announce the Witchlight book and now I'm worried the locations will somehow be included and what I'm writing will state contrary things. (I already had a carnival idea written up that I'll have to change now 😒 ) I do realize this isn't that huge a deal but I like to have good continuity with published material if possible.

Is anyone aware of where in the Feywild (other than the carnival) that it will be taking place?

Example maps of what I'm referring to:

View attachment 140964View attachment 140965
Like @Urriak Uruk says, this isn't set in a Feywild echo of anyplace by all appearances.

Cryptwright

Explorer
As far as I can see, the campaign is set in something called a Domain of Delight, which is a lot like Barovia in that it is self-contained and not a reflection of a place on the Material Plane. So you shouldn't have to worry about what you're describing, Prismeer sounds like an entirely new place, not a reflection of somewhere on the Sword Coast.
Thats comforting. I also had come up with Feywild's versions of "domains of dread" which I called "Domains of Fervor". But apparently I'll need to change that now too. I like my name better though :cool:

Even if it did map to a location on the Prime Material Plane there is no reason that location would be in the Forgotten Realms.

The Witchlight carnival travels between worlds, it's not a Forgotten Realms adventure, PCs are as likely to be from Eberron or Oerth or Ravnica.

Most sources on the Feywild, even if you go back to the original folktales, suggest the geography is not a constant and changes on a regular basis.

Yaarel

He Mage
One way to look at is:

There is a "Shallow Feywild" that closely observes the Material Plane. But there is also a "Deep Feywild" that disconnects from the Material Plane. Perhaps Witchlight enters into a domain in the Deep Feywild.

When one shifts from the Shallow to the Deep, one perceives the Material Plane distorting increasingly, until disconnecting altogether into a realm ... of ferver.

Remove ads