Pathfinder 1E Fiddler's Lament Questions for the Carrion Crown Plug In

Voadam

Legend
This will include some spoiler elements about the plots.

So in Fiddler's Lament it is a plug in adventure by Legendary Games for the Carrion Crown Gothic Horror Adventure Path from 2012.

I have been running the adventure path and used both Fiddler's Lament and the Murmuring Fountain adventure.

They are designed to plug into the AP and the Fountain does so well with story elements tying directly into NPCs and plot elements in the AP. In Fiddler's lament there are elements that plug in well, (the dog and kids scene, the general store, the council member) but two big elements do not seem to do so. The elven woman and the hoofed fiddler.

How is the woman and the fiddler supposed to tie in to the AP?

Is the Fiddler the Phantom Lover from Ravenloft or some other reference? From how it is written it seems to be a reference but I am not sure what it is to.

How have people integrated the woman and the fiddler into their games?

In mine I swapped a deputy from the town for the woman and the Piper for the Fiddler. At one point the party were at a town center gazebo and there was a little open air concert going on which I had as an opportunity for the Piper to reach out and possess the fiddling deputy to summon the stirges. The party fought them and figured out the music connection and the party archer shot through the fiddle strings to stop him from continuing to summon stirges.

Later when they fought and defeated the Piper he gave them a death curse which I used as the Fiddler's Zombie Apocalypse cue complete with zombie Professor and the party scattered everywhere across town. It culminated with repossessed deputy atop a graveyard crypt fiddling up skeletons each round and worked well overall particularly with the Piper's themes I had built up of taking control of people and magical necromancy.

I am interested in hearing how other people handled this and what they thought was intended.

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
I'm interested to hear how people handled the various characters and integrating them into the AP. I've sent a link to this thread to the adventure author, Greg Vaughan, so hopefully he can come by and share his thoughts, but hey, once the adventure's out in the wild it's fair game for all kinds of possible routes to take!

Remove ads