Fifth Edition Foes Monster Book

The PDF's out? How cool!

froggie

First Post
For those of you who missed the kickstarter--we will be going to press in a couple weeks--Pre-orders are available now. We will not be overprinting by more than a couple hundred units--so if you want these books--I strongly advice you to order soon! Once sold out, they are likely to remain sold out.

WayneW

First Post
I really wanted to back the Kickstarter, but didn't have the funds at the time. I did pick up the Foes PDF as soon as it was released and I'm already working some of the monsters into the current campaign I'm running. I couldn't be more happy with everything about this book. I was a huge fan of the FF so it was a no brainer for me to pick this up. I know I'll eventually want to get the HC so its too bad I could only afford the PDF. Of course I'll probably end up doing the same thing with Quests.

Edit: I didn't know it would be such a limited run. I guess I may just miss out on the HC.

Charles Wright

First Post
And for comparison, for people who might not be familiar with the original 1981 Fiend Folio, here's some examples of the feel that the Necromancer was going for.
images clipped

It's funny to me that I wasn't going for that look and feel specifically, but I DID grow up on those books and I can't honestly say that it didn't influence me at all when making layout decisions for the book.

Nebulous

Legend
For those of you who missed the kickstarter--we will be going to press in a couple weeks--Pre-orders are available now. We will not be overprinting by more than a couple hundred units--so if you want these books--I strongly advice you to order soon! Once sold out, they are likely to remain sold out.

I didn't know it was going to be so limited. The 5eF is the only hardback I got, i'll be okay with pdfs of the others. Makes me really glad I got the monster book though in book form....

Nebulous

Legend
Quests of Doom will be here soon, followed by the Book of Lost Spells--they all go to press as soon as they have passed QA/QC checks and layout gets done. We will release the pdfs as soon as they get finished, with books shipping as soon as they arrive. We hate being late, but sometimes quality just overrides schedule:)

If you did not get your link, please email us at bill@talesofthefroggod.com and we will hook you up!

Bill

Soon, as in days, for the Spell book and Adventure? yay

painted_klown

First Post
*sad face*

With these books coming out (kind of) back to back and with really small print runs, I may not be able to get them. 6 months of car insurance is due, so money is tight at the moment, and I'm still trying to recover from Christmas.

*keeps fingers crossed that I can make it happen anyway*

And remember all Frog God books come with free PDF, and are all of a very high standard of construction. They won't be losing pages like my PHB!

And I can't stress how great customer service from these guys is. I missed the Sword of Air kick starter and was keen to get the recently released PDF which only ks backers had. So Bill, trusting that I was going to buy the physical product just added to PDF to my account. How great is that!?

And yes I ordered the SoA books last night Bill, ☺

My favorite thing about Fifth Edition Foes so far is that it has Ecology: Environment and Organization in the monster stat blocks. This is the single biggest omission in the 5E Monstrous Manual: there's practically no information about where each monster is found in the wild or how many you should expect to see working together! You have to just make it up on your own.

For this reason I can see myself using Fifth Edition Foes at least as often as MM monsters. The extra information is invaluable.

(My second favorite thing is the greater variety of monster powers and behaviors: FrogGod is clearly putting the "Advanced" back in "Dungeons and Dragons".)

P.S. Public service announcement: when I pre-ordered the Fifth Edition Foes book, I was surprised a few minutes later when I checked my email and discovered that FrogGod was offering me immediate download of the PDF as a bonus. So I can start using the monsters immediately instead of waiting for April! If you haven't yet ordered a copy of the book, that is something you might like to know...

Remove ads

Remove ads