• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fight for the Lost - The Mass Effect 2 Thread

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Enjoyed it. Got sme nice closure, and confirmed some of my suspicions. Though short, the goodies are the stuff after the main mission.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Too many games, not enough TIME. Playing Metroid Other M right now and Halo: Reach drops on Tuesday (which is an event in my house). Finished Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands a couple of weeks ago...

and I haven't even finished the DLC for Assassin's Creed 2, let alone get ME2 DLC. OH, the humanity! [FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS]

Shayuri

First Post
Lair of the Shadow Broker was, IMO, the best ME2 DLC.

I really liked Overlord too, but Lair had the advantage of filling in some real story gaps, instead of being a self-contained subplot. You finally find out why Liara's so standoffish (assuming romance), and you finally get a chance to actually TALK to her.

I found the writing was great as well. A couple hilarious little stabs at ME1 ("Remember when all you needed was to slap a little omni-gel on?"), and Shepherd, even if you play him/her Paragon, doesn't just let Liara get away with it all without comment.

As noted elsewhere, the post-mission reward is both awesome and hilarious. Be sure to read all the dossiers. They're a hoot.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I finally got ME2 this weekend (after finished DA:O) and it does not disappoint. I immediately whored myself out and downloaded a bunch of the DLCs (including Kasumi and Shadow Broker, but not Overlord, yet).

I felt a twinge of sadness and guilt as the topic of the crewmember I left to die on Virmire came up, though I ended up romancing Liara in that playthrough. I may have to create multiple saves since I'm thinking Tali might be a more attractive option at this point (plus, the Asari view on romances, i.e. enjoy the time you have together, due to the liftspan issue ("Is this the lifespan talk? I'm not having the lifespan talk.") from a purely meta-standpoint. If Liara is a good Asari, she'll understand when I finally get confronted about it in Lair of the Shadow Broker....or she'll flay me alive with her mind, but that would put a real damper on our friendship.

I only wish there were some things male shep could do with Garrus. We should be able to go down to Kasumi's room and drink ourselves silly at the bar and reminiscence about old times; he's like an old buddy at this point.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Finally got to play through Lair of the Shadow Broker last night. Really good, and very challenging at points! I did love a lot of the byplay between Shepherd and Liara, though I wish that you were able to recruit her to your team in the end. Oh well. Very worthwhile expansion.

But ... now what will I do to waste time until the sequels to this and Dragon Age come out? It may be time to play Bioshock.

Welverin

First Post
But ... now what will I do to waste time until the sequels to this and Dragon Age come out? It may be time to play Bioshock.

Did you play Fallout 3? If not, you should give that a try, if you have New Vegas will be out next month.

But, more importantly, from what I've read LotSB is only the beginning of the DLC that will span the gap between ME2 and ME3. SO, there should be more ME2 DLC coming our way.

Initiate

First Post
But, more importantly, from what I've read LotSB is only the beginning of the DLC that will span the gap between ME2 and ME3. SO, there should be more ME2 DLC coming our way.

God I hope your right. I plan on purchasing the DLC this weekend. I got the free things from the Cerberus Network (Armor, shotgun, missions.) and the Mercenary a couple of days ago. I really want LotSB though. I`ve wanted to find that guy since they first mentioned him in ME1.

Anything they can do to keep me interested in the game until ME3 will make my life.

Remove ads