D&D (2024) Fighter brainstorm

Sacrosanct

Legend

Cantrip Formulas​

At 3rd level, you have scribed a set of arcane formulas in your spellbook that you can use to formulate a cantrip in your mind. Whenever you finish a long rest and consult those formulas in your spellbook, you can replace one wizard cantrip you know with another cantrip from the wizard spell list.
Switching after a long rest is very much not like switching on the fly.

"Oh, excuse me Mr. immune to fire monster, let me do a long rest and we'll attempt this battle again...."

🤷‍♂️

Sacrosanct

Legend
and then the exact same thing happens with piercing damage. because it's 5e, and there are incredibly few monsters with resistance/immunity to one weapon damage type and not both the others. that was my entire point.
Not just immunities, but vulnerabilities as well. The skeleton comes to mind right away, but I'm sure there are many others. Normally use your longsword but come across a skeleton version of a monster? Break out the mace.

Edit a quick search on D&D Beyond gave me 24 monsters like this.

Sacrosanct

Legend
OK, if you're the type of person to do laugh emojis at people who disagree with you, then that's a one way ticket to the ignore list. For everyone's sake. I believe we had a conversation about that in the meta forums not long ago...

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
For the others, there seems to be one that's immune to bludgeoning, an artifact from Tasha's, Mighty Servant of Leuk-o.

None immune to piercing that I can find.

For bludgeoning vulnerabilities, it's mostly skeletons, along with an Ice Mephit, a mirror Fey thing, and a stone cursed.

There's a baloon in Spelljammer that is weak to piercing, and Rakshasas as well if the attacker is good and has a magic weapon.

None to slashing in general, just the Jabberwock weak to Vorpal Sword slashing.

Remove ads