• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighter Exploits

Chen_93

First Post
First, two questions about rain of steel (Fighter Level 6 Daily)

1) It deals 1[W] to creatures who start their turn adjacent to you. Does this 1[W] include a magic weapon's bonuses? What about Weapon Focus or other modifiers?

2) It states they take damage "as long as you are able to make opportunity attacks". I assume this just means you don't have a condition on you that prevents you from taking OAs. I can't think of any situation that would allow you to actually "use up" your OA for the opponent before this effect triggered.

Next about Vorpal Tornado and Iron Vanguard. The 16th level ability of the Iron Vanguard allows you to deal damage equal to your con mod whenever you push an opponent or knock them prone. Vorpal Tornado pushes an opponent one square and knocks them prone. Would this trigger the Iron Vanguard ability twice? Also if I try to push a creature that can resist it (say a dwarf) it it considered pushed with no effect (so the Iron Vanguard ability does damage) or is it not considered pushed at all?

Danceofmasks

First Post
1) Yes. Add yer bonuses.
2) Well, you usually can't make OAs against an invisible foe (Blind Fight rox), so that's in addition to conditions. But generally? You're right.

A little guesswork here, since I don't have the book here ..
Should trigger twice, and push 0 = no push.

Krensus

First Post
1) Yes, you add everything you would normally add except strength.
2) This refers to stuns or other conditions as you suspect.

As for your second question, I'd say that yes, you would deal your con damage one for the push and again for the prone. The next part of it is tricky, and I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable to comment on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads