D&D (2024) Fighters if superiority dice was something all fighters get

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Superiority dice for an Eldritch Knight would work like the Arcane Archer's arrows. Or elemental smites, both could work.

What gets me the most about people arguing if a Fighter should be simple or not: The Barbarian exists, if any class should be simple, it's the Barbarian with allure of the SMASH playstyle.

Last edited:

kapars

Adventurer
Isn’t the best option for an introductory class the Warrior sidekick class? If they place that in the new PHB it would allow them to implement a Fighter with more options.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Speaking only for myself, I don't need the design principle explained. I get it; I just am not interested in playing it.

I don't really enjoy playing classes where the gameplay requires deciding whether to spend a resource now, or save it for later. I much prefer trying to figure out what is the optimum decision in the moment. Both are a kind of gambling, I suppose, but I prefer the latter.

For that matter, I'd like to see Action Surge relegated to a subclass.

Or I can just keep playing rogues.

I don't think 5e is complex enough at base to run a fighter with "no buttons". Once you give the fighter Extra Attack, there are not enough passive bonuses that wont break the fighter.

MarioEvilDM

Let the Dice decide your faith! Gagyx Will It!
IMHO the fighter class bugs is damage output, vs magic-users, and fun combat manoeuvres.
In my game the magic weapons give +1 dice of damage. IE: longsword +1 (2d8/2d10) this make the fighter class extremely dangerous with magic weapons (they are better at using weapons then everyone, that is call trainings).

And the Fighters will have advantage to special manœuvre (trip, shove, disarm, throw a body into multiple attacker's)
I use the Athletic skill, and the opponents roll a save, because it's an attack move!
my players fighter's now always trying to make special manœuvre and the game is not just a long boring combat of HP, it a melee that feal good and very dynamic and I use the same thing vs them.
oh yes, the fighter gets to multiply everything on a CRIT dices and bonuses
IE: STR +3 Longsword +1 two hands CRIT = (2d10 +8)
Yes, I'M EvilDM

Remove ads