D&D 5E Finally

Lopez

First Post
Hi! First of all, thank you guys for answer our questions. That's really cool.

So, i'm a huuuge fan of the Druid. Can you tell me wich types of creatures the druid can shapeshift into? And the Circle of the Land druid can shapeshift into something other than inofensive animals?

Thanks, man.

Snapdragyn

Explorer
May I suggest reading "The Night of Madness" by Lawrence Watt-Evans? It is a fantastic exploration of the whys and wherefores of Wizards (and other magic users) guilds and what functions they serve internally and what functions they refuse to serve externally. (As well as being a good book.)

The point being that the Royals would do that, except that:
A) Are the wizards going to put up with it? While a Wizard would not do well to sneer at a King, especially in 5e a group of Wizards is really NOT something a King wants mad at him either.
B) Succession. Princes like becoming Kings before they by of old age, at some point they become highly motivated to move the succession problem along.
C) Interrealm politics. While dynastic kingdoms tend to think in the long term in a way almost impossible for modern americans to grasp (an effect that would only be hightened by the presence of long-lived races) they are still going to be non-plussed by the presence of neighbors who can actaully see 200 year plans through to fruition. So any kingdom that has access to a transmuter willing to sell longevity had either better share him or be willing to face all their neighbors on the battlefield and/or survive a series of assasination attempts.

OTOH We already have both extremely long-lived races like elves, as well a host of practical immortality options like undeath. There is a lot of good potential to explore and exploit the effect of turnover rates amoungst the royals. Lich kings, vampire counts, Elven royals, Dragons, heck even full fledged God-Kings.

Might be a fun campaign to run something where the world has had a long period of stable rule under a handful of near-immortals but now a change is coming and the immortals are too set in their ways to shepherd the world through what is to come successfully. So it's up the our heros to ... move along the process of changing leadership. Or at least, that's what the Hermit says...:cool:

'You have given out too much xp in the past 24 hours, please try again.'

Well THAT'S a new one! Someone xp for me, please?

(Also, if you run this by Skype, I'm in! :) )

Brian Michaluk

First Post

So, i'm a huuuge fan of the Druid. Can you tell me wich types of creatures the druid can shapeshift into? And the Circle of the Land druid can shapeshift into something other than inofensive animals?

Thanks, man.

Wild shape - "any beast with a max CR of 1/4 with no flying or swimming" at 2nd level. at higher levels the CR is raised and the restrictions are removed.

being that its any Beast I would say its pretty broad in scope.

Snapdragyn

Explorer

Thanks, man.

I think I can mostly field this one from what we've got so far.

Circle of the Land druid can wildshape into a creature of CR 1/4. That's it. Not going to be good for more than scouting, really.

Circle of the Moon druid can wildshape into a creature of CR 1, bumping to CR<level/3> at level 6. At level 10 they gain the ability to wildshape into an elemental (presumably with the same CR restrictions). Although on the face of it this seems not combat-worthy either (imagine a CR 3 critter against a CR 10 foe when your party is level 9 - splat!) I think there are possibilities - but that's probably worthy of another thread (which I'll start later today if work's not too busy).

Brian Michaluk

First Post
I think I can mostly field this one from what we've got so far.

Circle of the Land druid can wildshape into a creature of CR 1/4. That's it. Not going to be good for more than scouting, really.

Circle of the Moon druid can wildshape into a creature of CR 1, bumping to CR<level/3> at level 6. At level 10 they gain the ability to wildshape into an elemental (presumably with the same CR restrictions). Although on the face of it this seems not combat-worthy either (imagine a CR 3 critter against a CR 10 foe when your party is level 9 - splat!) I think there are possibilities - but that's probably worthy of another thread (which I'll start later today if work's not too busy).

Also you can chose all or some of your equipment to merge, drop to the ground. or remain worn by your beast form. So you can be a tiger wearing a magical cloak for example.

I dont see anything by that name but there are some smites as class features and some as spells.

uhh ohhhh I think I just found a typo in the book

lvl 5 paladin spell list "destructive smite" but in the spells list descriptions I only find "Destructive wave" which I think is what its supposed to be

OK, so what does Destructive Smite/Wave do?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases