D&D 5E Finally

Palladion

Adventurer
Thanks! As a follow up, are there any other listed variant backgrounds besides gladiator and guild merchant?

Variant Criminal: Spy, Variant Entertainer: Gladiator, Variant Guild Artisan: Guild Merchant, Other Hermits, Variant Noble: Knight, Variant Sailor: Pirate.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
bonus action to cast
curse
concentration
disadvantage on ability checks for 1 ability
you deal +1d6 to foe on each hit
you can move hex if target dies
higher spell slot raised max curse time to 8 hours then 24 hours

Holy crap. Between hex, witch bolt, and armor of Agathys, any lingering doubts about the effectiveness of this class are pretty much banished. Plenty of spells that stick around for multiple turns, so you can really milk those limited slots per encounter. I can't even decide which spells my blade lock would want at first level.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Probably a bit too much for a thread like this. You need an ability score of 13 for the class (i.e. 13 Intelligence for wizard, 13 Charisma for bard, etc.). It is pretty easy to figure out.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I can figure it out; that's a nice change down from the 15 required in the playtest.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
What does the War Caster feat do? I did a thread search and haven't seen it.

It was in here somewhere.

1. Advantage on Con saves to prevent damage from interrupting concentration .
2. You can cast somatic component spells holding a weapon (without a free hand).
3. You can use a single-target spell in place of an opportunity attack.

Edit: ninja'd

Palladion

Adventurer
I just heard from a few people that the PHB was delivered to their homes this morning just before lunch. I also heard a few jokes about calling in sick for the afternoon... heh.

Glad you guys are getting something out of the thread... I guess I need to jump the gun on Monster Manual next...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases