• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finding the best cartoon of all time

driver8

First Post
Id have to say growing up it Looney Toons..from Tex Avery to Friz Freling to Chuck Jones, those cartoons were great.

The Simpsons although not as good in its heyday is still pretty good.

But my favorite as an adult may be Cowboy Bebop. Just a great combination of great characters, interesting stories and music, endings that arent always happy-- and none of the maudlin/oversentimental/angsty stuff that pervades so much of anime.

Last edited:

nick2

Explorer
He Man, Looney Toons, Scooby Doo, Conan the Adventurer, and Pirates of Dark Water were my favorite cartoons when I was younger, along with the D&D cartoon. Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, and Justice League are some of my current favorites. I can't believe no one mentioned South Park. Granted the animation is pretty basic, but it has been consistently shocking and innovative. I don't think there's a controversial topic that they won't hesitate to cover. Batman Beyond was pretty good too. I assume it was cancelled as well?

Laurel

First Post
nick2 said:
Batman Beyond was pretty good too. I assume it was cancelled as well?
Also known as Batman of the Future this good show was unfortunately yes, cancelled in late '01 I believe.

Remove ads