• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firbolg (Reskinned Dragonborn)

Irda Ranger

First Post
This is nothing fancy, as it's 98% reskinned Dragonborn mechanics, but I figured it couldn't hurt to share.

Basically, the flavor of dragonborn just doesn't work for me or my players (we're mammalists that way), but that's no reason to throw away good, playtested mechanics! So I have "borrowed" the Dragonborn mechanics and rewrote all the flavor text and fluffy parts. It's posted here:

Firbolg (4E Race)

If this works for you, please feel free to borrow it. Also, if someone has any suggestion where this can be posted so that it doesn't fall down to page 23 of this forum please let me know. I'm not sure it's original enough to go in the the EN World Wiki's category for 4E Races. There should be a category for "reconcepted" crunch.

emerszi

First Post
Looks good

I did the same thing for our (pre-FR campaign guide release) Forgetten Realms Tieflings.
In our campaign, Tieflings are born of Fey-influenced parents or ancestry (one character cites his families proximity to Mithals as the root of the "corruption"). Just changed the fluff text, the names of some stuff, and changed fire resistance to cold. Renamed the race to Feyborn (nicknamed changelings).

And then the FR campaign material came out and POOF tieflings were there, all along! Don't ask questions, they were in Thay, you just didn't see them.

TheNinjaD

First Post
You get a thumbs up from me on this. I still don't like it a lot as a common player race...but I do think it would be easier to deal with than dragonborn.

Remove ads