Fire! (Dunamin judging)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Clarification]
Ok, I see this completely fizzled. Sorry.

Yes, it's dead. Callen killed it.

At the last minute I noticed I'd completely forgotten about its "fade away" power, and I thought it would be more dramatic to have it turn invisible as it died, and then people would rush around in confusion trying to find it, and then the body would fade in again and WHEW! It's dead after all!

Except it turned out to be the exact opposite - instead of following my script, people just assumed that it CAN'T be dead, because the DM didn't post that it was dead. So it became way more confusing and anticlimactic than just posting a straightforward death scene would have been. So, sorry for the flat ending - I should have remembered that unspoken hints REALLY don't come across well in this medium.

To recap: the body just reappeared, and Callen can be absolutely sure from where he is that it's either dead or unconscious, his choice since he struck the killing blow.

You can now automatically put out the rest of the fires.

Post your characters reactions to this, and your plans next - what do you do with the body and/or the prisoner? Anything else you want to do here before heading back to the tavern to claim your reward? - and I'll get a finale post up some time this weekend.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well... " the githyanki says raising his eyebrows and relaxing a bit, before climbing down from the roof. He move close to the others next to the gnome's corpse. "I think we should check him, he might have some clue about this hole mess, a diary perhaps, or some notes." he says beore kneeling next to the corpse and checking it's pockets and bags.

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri replies to Mri'Thas. "Go ahead. Until I'm sure he's dead, I'm going to cover him." She's still ready to blast the little bugger. As she waits she asks "You doing ok back there Soldier?"

[sblock=OOC]Ok JoeNotCharles, that makes sense. It never occurred to me that he was already dead since he wouldn't be alive to use an imm reaction to the attack. Guess he could have died from ongoing damage, but I didn't think of that.[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
"uh, yeah, kinda but still see those lights though." taps his head with his fist to see if it stops. "Wait, where is Kama'zer? she must be back there with the fire, gonna see if I can help her" then the warforged rushes back to Kama'zer to help her with the fire (and to see if the warlord is ok). "You need help?" he asks Kama'zer while proceeding to help douse the fires.

[sblock=Saving throws against daze]
1d20 → [11] = (11)

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'thas turns violently "Soldier! Remain here, you are way too damaged. I sense our sister Kama'zer is in perfect shape, but you are seriously wounded, so why d..." the githyanki didn't finishes his demand, when the running warforged disappears behind the door. He sighs and looks at Ts'iri with a 'who understands him?' look, before concentrating on the gnomes body again.

Remove ads