Level Up (A5E) Fireball

Rhuarc

Explorer
Maybe I missed the answer somewhere in the various Level-Up threads before, but what is the basis for deciding which spells get a 'rare' alternative (or multiple)? Thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Maybe I missed the answer somewhere in the various Level-Up threads before, but what is the basis for deciding which spells get a 'rare' alternative (or multiple)? Thanks!
Word count? Theoretically every spell can have dozens of rare alternatives.

Stalker0

Legend
I'm a bit disappointed by the nonrare curse keeping all of the caster specific conditions on top of short duration & concentration (ie +1d8 when you attack/disadvantage on attacks against you) rather than opening up those first level spell effects* to the caster's allies in the third level spell. Given the umber of cantrip & 1st level spell effects present though, that "so long as it is weaker than the options above" bit of different effect should be "similar strength" "comparable power" or similar.
Yeah I have to agree. The base bestow curse is very mediocre (it should not have concentration at the very least), and the rare version is just godly.

Teleportation becomes a ritual but also becomes a bit more dangerous to use without a permanent teleportation circle. That's an interesting change that I can get behind.

Teleportation becomes a ritual but also becomes a bit more dangerous to use without a permanent teleportation circle. That's an interesting change that I can get behind.

It's a little bit more dangerous but being a ritual it offers an easy way out. If you're in a really bad place, remove the immediate threat and perform Teleportation again at no cost. Scry & Die becomes compartively less dangerous, even with the added risks. I like it, though.

Syunsuke

Roll 21.
It seems the example of "off target" is doubly wrong.
2 times 4 is 8, not 6.
Even if you actually means 6, 6% of 1,000 miles is 60 miles, not 600 miles.

The odds table for Viewed Once and Description have the same values. Is that intended? If so, is there a reason to have two separate entries?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases