• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firefly I'm Pissed!!!!

Shadowdancer

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Ever since Fox put Simpsons up against Cosby on Thursdays and lost, it seems to have taken a tack of putting anything on Thursday, basically ceding it to the other networks.
That's almost completely opposite of what happened. Everyone said Fox was crazy for making the change, but during the season, Simpsons pulled viewers away from Cosby. Simpsons didn't do as well on Thursday as it had been doing on Sunday, but it did take viewers away from Cosby. In fact, in the TV industry, Simpsons is given credit for hastening the end of Cosby.

Simpsons returned to Sunday more as a conquering hero than as a vanqueshed one.

Last edited:

Shadowdancer

First Post
Ranger REG said:
The X-Files debuted on Friday night on a good note that was later moved to Sunday night during its waning years.
X-Files did not move to Sunday night during its waning years. It was moved to Sunday when it was still a hip, cult-ish TV show that was getting lots of media attention, and decent but unspectacular ratings.

After it moved to Sunday, it became a mainstream hit, and a regular occupant of the Top 20 in ratings, and frequently was in the Top 10, for a few years until Mulder left.

Last edited:

Wolf72

Explorer
oooh, haven't subbed for the past 2 days so I've finally been able to watch the firefly dvd's.

I absolutely think this is one of the best shows I have ever seen, especially for a first (and only :( season).

the commentary with Nathon and Alan is great ...

Remove ads