Firefly I'm Pissed!!!!

noretoc

First Post
This is very unusual of me, but I had to rant. For christmas I got the Firefly set. I saw most of the episodes on TV when they aired. I very rarely watch TV, but this was the one show I ran home to see every week. I never got to see the pilot ep, and a few others like Jaynetown. I am newly pissed that the show got canceled!! The writing was amazing, the story incedible. The acting fantastic. The characters are fleshed out and real. Joss Whedon is amazing!! I don't understand how Fox could cancel such a well done show with out giving it a chance to shine. That really pisses me off. Well, sorry to bug you all with this, but I just want to say, if you haven't seen it, find a copy somewhere and check it out. You will love even the little bit they made.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
noretoc said:
This is very unusual of me, but I had to rant. For christmas I got the Firefly set. I saw most of the episodes on TV when they aired. I very rarely watch TV, but this was the one show I ran home to see every week. I never got to see the pilot ep, and a few others like Jaynetown. I am newly pissed that the show got canceled!! The writing was amazing, the story incedible. The acting fantastic. The characters are fleshed out and real. Joss Whedon is amazing!! I don't understand how Fox could cancel such a well done show with out giving it a chance to shine. That really pisses me off. Well, sorry to bug you all with this, but I just want to say, if you haven't seen it, find a copy somewhere and check it out. You will love even the little bit they made.

Well, I was pissed at the time it was cancelled, and newly pissed when I saw the DVD. I agree...it was a fantastic show, and should not have been cancelled.

That said...they are in production on the movie, and there is a possibility they will do a TV show after the movie. We shall see. It aint over yet!

Crothian

First Post
Great show, great DVD, but I can't be mad at them canceling it. Seems a little petty to get mad over something like this no matter how good it is. People were not watching it. Sure, we can raqnt and rave and pretend we know better then the people in charge of Fox, but in the end it really doesn't matter.

Belen

Adventurer
What pees me off is this:

Firefly: 4.6 share (not at the bottom) on a Friday!

Tru Calling (stinks) 3.9 share on Thursdays.

They keep Tru Calling.

There is no justice in the world.

<sigh> Keep Flying, my friend.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I'm having the same reaction. I got the disks for my wife for Christmas (okay, maybe just a teeny bit for me, too :) ), and we're all mad again about how such a good show got cancelled. Everyone knows the drill -- poorly advertised, shown out of order, terrible time slot -- but all these things contributed to the death of the best science-fiction show I've ever seen.

Here's hoping the movie goes through and resurrects the show.

Daniel

Villano

First Post
BelenUmeria said:
What pees me off is this:

Firefly: 4.6 share (not at the bottom) on a Friday!

Tru Calling (stinks) 3.9 share on Thursdays.

They keep Tru Calling.

There is no justice in the world.

<sigh> Keep Flying, my friend.

I had the same reaction when The Adventures Of Brisco County, Jr. was cancelled. It got better ratings than SeaQuest (at a time when Fox was seen in much fewer areas than it is today), which was renewed. And it was replaced by MANTIS which tanked in an unbelievable way.

Wombat

First Post
Well, they cancelled The Tick after a very short run in which they changed the showing time three times and pre-empting it twice.

Few shows get any chance to develop an audience -- unless they are expected and mainstream, they are doomed.

Harp

First Post
Excellent...saves me the trouble of starting a thread. First of all, the rant was spot on. We, too, got the DVD for Christmas and have been watching a DVD a night since New Years Eve. I can't believe how much I grew to care about the characters -- all of them -- in just a few episodes. And such unrealized potential. What was the deal with Book? How much damage was done to River, and of what stripe? What was the deal with the Reavers? The dialogue, the characterizations, the setting -- this was exactly my kind of sci-fi show.

As to the movie, is there any new dirt on what they might be doing with it? I'm hoping against major deviations from the show, a la Mission Impossible (SPOILER:
Jim Phelps -- a bad guy. What a load.
)

Ferret

Explorer
Mistwell said:
Well, I was pissed at the time it was cancelled, and newly pissed when I saw the DVD. I agree...it was a fantastic show, and should not have been cancelled.

That said...they are in production on the movie, and there is a possibility they will do a TV show after the movie. We shall see. It aint over yet!
It makes sense from a business point of view to keep you waiting, and then you die for the film. Sucks, but I haven't seen it yet... I think they are running the previously seen ones on english sky.

Remove ads