Firefox 2.0 Question

lkj

Hero
Hey folks,
I just upgraded to Firefox 2.0, and there's one annoying thing I'd like to change if possible. In previous versions of firefox (and other browsers for that matter) if I chose an address from address bar history it would automatically load that link. In 2.0, if I select a site from the address bar history, I have to hit enter for it to go to the site.

I realize this is a small thing, but for some reason having to push that extra button annoys the heck out of me. I very often just go to sites from that address bar pulldown, and I like it to be easy.

Anyway, if anyone knows if it's possible to change this setting in 2.0, I'd appreciate the tip.

Thanks,
AD

XCorvis

First Post
Hm. If I understand you correctly, it doesn't behave that way for me. You might want to see about deleting some of your old preferences or uninstalling extensions.

sckeener

First Post
If I am understanding you correctly, too, then it worked just fine for me.

Here's what I did,

I typed in the beginning of the url, the drop down list appeared and I selected one with my mouse. The web page loaded.

Drawmack

First Post
I'm running FF 2.0 right now and when I pulled down the list with my mouse and click on a link it took me there with no additional clicking.

lkj

Hero
Well, I'll be. It was caused by an extension I was running from the last installation-- Tabbrowser Preferences. Once I disabled that extension, it started working fine.

Thanks for your help. For some reason, it didn't even occur to me that it was an extension (probably because it didn't cause that behavior in 1.5).

Thanks again!

AD

lkj

Hero
You know, it's a shame really. I like all the options that extension provides. I just can't figure out why it causes that odd behavior. Wasn't obvious from the options. Oh well. I can do without it. Not like I customize my tabbing options that often.

AD

lkj

Hero
Seonaid said:
D'oh! That makes me sad, because I really like my tab options. Guess I won't be upgrading to 2.0 . . .

Well, I wouldn't base your decision on my little problem. Who knows? Maybe I've just got some setting tweaked in the extension. The Tabbrowser Preferences extension might work just fine for you. And 2.0 is pretty cool overall.

AD

Seonaid

Explorer
So, how is 2.0 different/better than previous versions? I wasn't really basing my decision on getting/not getting 2.0 on the tab options. I've just found that, recently, companies have been "improving" their products and I haven't liked the new versions of many downloadable applications.

Remove ads