D&D General First person 3D fantasy grounds

As we go more towards 3D, they begin to incorporate things like blocked sight as LordEntrails mentions .... and that can result in players not seeing something their PC should have seen.
The blocked LOS is the same LOS that is calculated on the top down map. And indications are that it's simple a toggle view between the two modes and probably will be a user option. i.e. this means that if LOS os good on the top down view, it's the same map in the first person view. Or another way to think of it, you can play in first person, toggle to top down while you travel down the corridor (and even turn on Party Vision) and then toggle back to First Person when you get into the room or open area. Don't know yet if Party Vision will be available in First Person.
I'm now fully aware of just how much DM prep time I was sinking into maps and lighting and character sheets and dealing with mod tech issues and... explaining what button(s) to click during game play.
This is why I never got involved with Foundry. FG I don't have to run a bunch of mods (extensions) to get all the functionality I want/need. So I don't have to worry about those conflicts or updating breaking things. That plus the licensed content, the architecture model (not a fan of web based applications), and that all the content I buy is downloaded to my computer so can't be taken away. Probably half of the session I run on FG I never do any prep for. Its just not needed.

Hussar

Legend
You don’t have to run a bunch of extensions in FG to get basic functionality? News to me. Heck I need an extension just to change the font.

To be fair though, FG Forge does work fantastically well. No complaints there.

Remove ads