D&D (2024) First playtest thread! One D&D Character Origins.

The Trance that let Astral Elves swap things was suggested as something unique to them.
The unique thing about astral elves is that they could swap out a skill proficiency, in addition to a weapon or tool proficiency. In Monsters of the Multiverse, eladrin, sea elves, and shadar-kai can all swap out two weapon or tool proficiencies. Jeremy Crawford said it's because most elves are tapping into a shared elven memory bank, but astral elves are connecting to an even wider set of experiences via the astral plane (which is why githyanki also have this ability). So I was absolutely sure that the PHB elves would get the two weapon or tool proficiencies in the revised version.

I'll cry for them.

Weird how halfling and dwarf subraces are just gone, but gnomes stuck around. And elves get like 600 variations.

It's matter on major biological or mystical differences, the Hill and Mountain Dwarves didn't have any, but the Deurgar do from the other Dwarves, so they would still be seperate, same with Ghostwise Halflings.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Upon reading "Adrling" I've now decided I don't like it or "Tiefling", which always had a ring of cutesy-ness to me. It's like "fingerling", an immature form of something.

I think I'm going to go with Nephilim and Cambion for those races (though traditional Nephilim and Cambions would still be things, too.)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Animal Headed part celestial people, basically Aasimar for none Angels and less human looking Gods.

Great for the Mulhorandi/Egyptian Gods.

I'm more convinced then ever that an FR One D&D Campaign Book is coming in 2024 because someone has to fit all this new stuff into FR lore some how so it all makes sense. I have a feeling Ardlings will be primarily tied to Mulhorand. And This new twice on Tieflings will need a lore explanation.
I think Eberron is looking likely: almost all of the mechanical options not covered between this new PHB and Monsters of the Multiverse are in Eberron.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Where is muh half elf!
Here:
1660855269388.png

Remove ads