Critical Role First Reviews for The Legend of Vox Machina Are Out

GreyLord

Legend
Is this good on rotten tomatoes?

View attachment 150949
I don't know.

Only 402 audience ratings seems kind of low right now.

It could be just how long it's been out though and not enough time to garner reviews.

Peacemaker has over 800 thus far and Book of Boba Fett is over 1600.

Both low compared to movies like Encanto, but high compared to unknown movies.

It seems the lower the number of ratings the higher the rating in general for fan centered materials. The more ratings the more it evens out and then you can see what the general public might think rather than the hardcore fans.

Peacemaker probably hasn't even gotten where we are seeing how the general public thinks of it yet with it's numbers, so I'm not sure if the score for Vox Machina really tells what those other than fans think of it yet...then again...maybe?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
It's funny. I watched the first two episodes of Arcane and then pretty much dropped it. It's still on my watch list, but, I just can't get into it. Don't know why.
I could go on about it but instead of derailing this thread on Vox Machina, I’ll say that the end of episode 3 of Arcane I hear frequently cited as the major hook.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Horrid garbage. I will only add to say that given the pushback on the violent and sexist nature of D&D in the old days, this does nothing to encourage a better view of the game today. No, this is a far cry from what D&D is to me, and frankly you can keep it. I was never impressed with CR before, and my opinion of them has sunk even lower.

I get it, its TV-MA and "It's not for kids", but kids are going to view it. Vulgarity and shock-value is all it really has, which is sad considering all that D&D can be. The fact this is even associated with a game I grew up with and loved for decades saddens me more than I can express.

I wasn't expecting much from the trailer, but since I renewed my Prime account a while ago I thought I would give it a shot. I would like to say that I was just disappointed, but I really can't since it was even worse than I expected. :(

Zarithar

Adventurer
I'll admit, I've never listened to the show, have really no idea about the setting or any knowledge of the character going in.

LOVED it. First couple of episodes are hilarious. Scanlan the bard is just exactly what D&D bard should be. Totally over the top, scene cheeringly gorgeous.

So, my answer to "will non-Critters be turned off?" Well, I certainly wasn't. Watched the first three episodes back to back and I want to keep watching.

It's a real shame that dragons in the game are nowhere near this terrifying.
My wife loved it and had no clue regarding Critical Role beforehand.

Although I do not care for CR on YouTube, I did give the show a try.

I was blasted by it. I really liked it and I can't wait for the next episode. I really like the Briarwood as villains.

I was not disappointed to have given it a try.
Bit it is really for a mature audience. Do not let your kids watch it.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Only 402 audience ratings seems kind of low right now.

It could be just how long it's been out though and not enough time to garner reviews.

Peacemaker has over 800 thus far and Book of Boba Fett is over 1600.
It's at 27 critic reviews and 914 fan reviews now (only 100 behind Peacemaker).
Still 100% for critic and at 93% for fans.

Remove ads