D&D 5E First World: Possibly One of the New D&D setting?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
First World is loaded with unintended meaning. "In common usage, "first world" typically refers to "the highly developed industrialized nations often considered the westernized countries of the world".[2]"
Honestly surprised the thread wasn't called First World Problems. I'm sure someone will find something to complain about the First World and then we'll get a thread with that title.

darjr

I crit!
The first world exists in pieces scattered throughout the planes. You're cursed, the opposite of a planes walker, a prisoner of the shattered brittle dying remains of the beginning, the First World, never to see again the vast existence between the scattered panes.

The Dragons, in their hope, hate, love and fear shattered it and themselves forging the beginning of everything.

Just one way it could work. Maybe it's shattered remains are not broken panes but billowing mists.....

Reynard

Legend
I get that. They should have used another terms to avoid opening the door to other unintended discussions.
The idea that it is inevitable that this thread will become yet another messy, ineffectual discussion on the topics of D&D's colonialist roots and/or the uglier parts of its pulp fantasy inspiration should make everyone pause and realize this stuff is a rorschach test. One's need to turn discussion that way, regardless of "side", is a reflection on that person,not the subject or D&D writ large.

Sometimes, the First World is just the First World.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
This seems like a very first world problem to me :) If the name just refers to it being the first world in order of creation, I think any unintended discussions are on those of us engaging in them, not the people who named it that.
Marvel Superhero Nova. Real name? Richard Rider.
maxresdefault.jpg

Everyone calls him Dick. In the Comics. In the canon of the Marvel Universe everyone calls him Dick. Even the writers refer to him as Dick in narrative asides.

Dick Rider.

It's not Marvel's fault they named him that! It's our fault for finding it -hilarious- and making jokes about it!

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
They could have borrowed from WotC history and gone Primal Order
This seems like a very first world problem to me :) If the name just refers to it being the first world in order of creation, I think any unintended discussions are on those of us engaging in them, not the people who named it that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases