Five Nations (especially Knight Phantom)

Rystil Arden

First Post
drothgery said:
The original smiting spell progression for Silver Pyromancer was
1 -
2 -
3 - 1/day
4 -
5 - 3/day (blinding)

so the change gives an extra smite/day between 1st and 4th level, but ends up in the same place.

The Pyromancer gets two poor saves (fort, ref) and one good one (will); adding dvine grace into the mix does leave him with an excellent will save due to multiclassing effects
Ah, okay. It's not too strong then. My only concern is shafting Paladins who come into the class. Otherwise, looks good.

drothgery

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Ah, okay. It's not too strong then. My only concern is shafting Paladins who come into the class. Otherwise, looks good.

It's a PrC based around casting fire spells; since few of them are the self-buffing spells that fighter-mages need to use to be effective, getting the turn undead ability from paladin is going to be a decidedly sub-optimal build.

Rystil Arden

First Post
drothgery said:
It's a PrC based around casting fire spells; since few of them are the self-buffing spells that fighter-mages need to use to be effective, getting the turn undead ability from paladin is going to be a decidedly sub-optimal build.
I've seen people go Pal2/Sor6/ into Eldritch Knight--that's a suboptimal build too, but people do it. I'm still not sure about making it even worse for the Pal/Sor, but otherwise it seems fine.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I've seen people go Pal2/Sor6/ into Eldritch Knight--that's a suboptimal build too, but people do it. I'm still not sure about making it even worse for the Pal/Sor, but otherwise it seems fine.
Well, it means that Pal 1 may be a better build then in that case ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Actualy you need to go Pal 3 to get into the Pyromancer, buit Pal1 works for EK ;)
Right, I know that about EK. But what I'm saying is that the Pal3 will be sad with this remix because it dupes the Divine Grace. It might be more interesting if maybe they got a Purging Flames ability that healed (like LoH) or removed poison or something.

drothgery

First Post
Rystil Arden said:

You can make an effective EK build, if you're careful about your spells, even as Pal/Sor rather than Ftr/Wiz. You can't make an effective EK build whose preferred and strongest attack mode is to cast fireball.

Bront

The man with the probe
Yeah, Cleric 1 vs Paladin 4... I doubt the paladin route wil be popular.

Still, Divine grace does trump the paladin a bit. Maybe a divine blessing that allows them to reroll 1 save per day?

Remove ads