Fix the Artificer's Metamagic Spell Trigger

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
This thread is for discussion of the fix to the Artificer's Metamagic Spell Trigger ability such this ability may only be used once a round, so it applies only one metamagic effect to a wand of your choice per round. This is stackable with the Metamagic Infusion for a total of two metamagic effects per round. It seems to me that nobody would ever be using more than two anyway unless they were trying to do something obscene where they blew away tons of charges to annihilate an interesting battle in one attack.
I've heard enough already in the Sharn thread to suggest this. So, Yes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Since this is a rules fix originally proposed by KO, and not a new proposal of material or something like that, I'm going to vote YES as well.

If this passes, then I will have no problem with the Wand PrC in Sharn, btw.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Since this is a rules fix originally proposed by KO, and not a new proposal of material or something like that, I'm going to vote YES as well.

If this passes, then I will have no problem with the Wand PrC in Sharn, btw.
Of course, if we go by this, I can't vote. :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Of course, if we go by this, I can't vote. :p
I'd say you can, since it's a rules fix and not a new feat or other game feature you designed. This is due to Bront's ruling that he could vote on some of the other proposals he proposed that weren't about his creations (I had originally thought that he couldn't).

Bront

The man with the probe
The idea of that was when we only had 3 judges, and we were proposing WoTC material.

I vote YES

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone should archive this prominently (up there where we say that the ECS is accepted), since it is a clarification/errata to a core ECS ability.

Patlin

Explorer
I mentioned it above, but no one bit. How does this modification interact with Action Surge? If you use your extra standard action to activate the wand again, can you use metamagic spell trigger once per standard action, or only once per round?

Knight Otu

First Post
Patlin said:
I mentioned it above, but no one bit. How does this modification interact with Action Surge? If you use your extra standard action to activate the wand again, can you use metamagic spell trigger once per standard action, or only once per round?
My inclination - Once per round means just that. If you get an extra standard action in that round, it still counts as that round.
It's true that ways to get extra standard actions are few - but getting an extra standard action is about the best that can happen to anyone in the D&Dverse. No need to make it even better. ;)

Remove ads