D&D 5E Fizban's Treasury of Dragons Previews

Waller

Legend
Why are all those people thanking Wizards for letting them do promotion for them? Should Wizards be thanking them? That's some masterclass indoctrination there! Kudos to Wizards!

MarkB

Legend
I'm not sure I quite see the appeal of the Echo of Dragonsight. So, you already know a very powerful dragon, since they've given you this gift, and now you can use a spell which may break your mind, and if it doesn't, it lets you speak to a dragon on a different planet, who most likely doesn't know an awful lot that's (a) relevant to your particular planet and (b) not also known by the dragon you're already pals with.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
In Social Media, exposure actually is payment.

I really do hate reading this... no creator of any kind should accept "exposure" as a form of payment. There are loads of aspiring artists/writers who are getting told nowadays that getting exposure is a form of payment, when frankly its not. It doesn't pay for the bills, and its just the newest way for bigger fish to grift off of lesser-known creators.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I really do hate reading this... no creator of any kind should accept "exposure" as a form of payment. There are loads of aspiring artists/writers who are getting told nowadays that getting exposure is a form of payment, when frankly its not. It doesn't pay for the bills, and its just the newest way for bigger fish to grift off of lesser-known creators.
The reason it became a distasteful meme thing to say is that in some fields, like journalism say, exposure pays long term dividends. I don't know if WotC pays social media influencers who share their stuff, but it ends up benefitting the social media types with the currency of social media: attention.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases