D&D 5E Flaws

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
[MENTION=82779]MechaPilot[/MENTION]
That sounds like a great way to handle Comeliness/Attractiveness. I really like that. :)
[MENTION=6667844]eve[/MENTION]ryone

I don't really want to go down that path of new abilities/features to 'counteract' the Drawbacks though. Feats and proficiencies are already positive factors in the game and are easy to use (and familiar). Also, these drawbacks are meant to work with the many positive features races already receive.

Remember when your race also gave you some negative features? Well, these drawbacks serve that purpose too.

In our games races have assigned negative drawbacks. Sometimes this is a choice of a couple (especially for the ones that reduce ability scores). Races already get the positives, so these are some added negatives to begin with. That way, the system is not highly abused, as some disadvantages are kind of assigned.

I take it if I was to publish these, then I guess I need to make this part of their development clear too. So, should such a product include recommended Drawbacks for the races. Would that help lessen the 'abuse' and make them more ingrained in the game? It certainly works for our games.

Clement_Creavan

First Post
I came up with a Kleptomania flaw and was thinking you might want to add it to your lists of flaws, feel free to edit it if you don't think it's properly balanced.
Kleptomania
You suffer from an urge to take things that are not yours. whenever you spot something that you may want (DM's choice or you can declare your character wants something) you must make a DC 10 Charisma Saving Throw or immediantly attempt to take the object for yourself, if you succeed you must make gradually more difficult Saving Throws every minute the object is in your line of sight (+1 to DC per minute.)
Note: this flaw should not apply to items owned by player characters: fun should take forefront over the rules or logic.

Last edited:

Clement_Creavan

First Post
Thanks
though with Obsession you might want to add a saving throw to resist the effects of the flaw.
also, what's YZE and the Cypher System?

Last edited:

Remove ads