Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

Quickleaf

Legend
I'd like to give this a go. Color me interested, I have to learn the system, but I have been wanting to do that for a while. Looking at a Droid Technician, will be fleshed out fairly soon, but basically learning the system from the ground up.

Question about the XP, is that in addition to racial XP? or do we ignore racial XP and start with 100 regardless of race? (I went by Racial XP, so if it we only get 100xp I may not be able to play droid.)

Good question. I misread the system. Starting XP will be based on your species choice as normal. Scratch my "start at 100" idea (and I'll edit my OP to reflect that).

However, I think what's far more important than writing up a complete sheet – at this point – is understanding the characters involved.

Really, FFG's Star Wars is a narrative game. Normally, I trust players to create meaningful hooks/motives/bonds between PC-Adventure and PC-PC. But if folks feel they need stronger guidance from me (or I feel like the sort of dialogue I'd like to see isn't happening), I can take a stronger guiding hand.

GreenKarl

First Post
Could you PM me the basics for a Wookie? I am thinking a Wookie scout right now BUT I am also going to write up a Human Force Emergent :)

For campaigns I would be up for ANYTHING in Star Wars. Whatever you want to run the most I would totally be willing to play.. well except maybe the Legacy era as I never read those comics :)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Whhyyy Quickleaf... whhyyy??? Why you do this????? lol

I want to but I have so many games and life is hectic. I even have a character already imagined because this was Jago's thing and he was going to run a game...

But I can't do that to you. Arrrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes fist*

You'll be great at it :)

Quickleaf

Legend
Hmm, I kind of want to, but I dunno if I can handle it. I'll have to take a raincheck...maybe if there's an opening later I'll be more confident in my posting capability.

Whhyyy Quickleaf... whhyyy??? Why you do this????? lol

I want to but I have so many games and life is hectic. I even have a character already imagined because this was Jago's thing and he was going to run a game...

But I can't do that to you. Arrrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes fist*

You'll be great at it :)

Aww, yeah I wish I could play more games with you both :) But I understand about life being hectic. Honestly, I was a bit hesitant to start another game as I'm deep in my doctorate program and trying to begin my architecture career while reclaiming my health. But I do love Star Wars. And overall ENWorld is an awesome community. Feel free to check in later when/if your schedules clear a little, but I totally understand.

Quickleaf

Legend
Could you PM me the basics for a Wookie? I am thinking a Wookie scout right now BUT I am also going to write up a Human Force Emergent :)

For campaigns I would be up for ANYTHING in Star Wars. Whatever you want to run the most I would totally be willing to play.. well except maybe the Legacy era as I never read those comics :)

Absolutely, I'll PM you the wookie species stats.

The era that most interests me for this game is that undefined zone between episodes VI and VII. I also am intrigued by the "Dark Times" era and the Old Republic era (and have SAGA Star Wars books for those). What I like about more undefined pieces of the Star Wars chronology is that we can make it our own, using canon (or not) as it suits your characters and the story.

No one was putting up any characters. Once there are a few, I will work more on the background, hooks. Someone has to be first.

Thanks for being first :) What I meant was I encourage folks who are interested to present a character concept (rather than stats) first. For example:

[SECTION]I'm thinking of playing Scritch-Scratch, an astromech droid with an attitude who was used by criminals and Rebels against the old Empire to deliver secret messages. 'Scratch' may hold a secret message it is unaware of or is programmed to share only under specific circumstances. Its previous owner could make for an interesting NPC or PC. Any PCs with criminal backgrounds or Imperial ancestry may have run across 'Scratch' or the curious coded scratch-markings it left on various bulkheads. 'Scratch' could begin as a droid appointed to the group by the Resistance, or as a moral compass sort of sidekick to a scoundrel PC about to be drawn into events involving the Resistance.[/SECTION]

I know not everyone thinks that way, so if doing the stats first helps you figure out your character and see potential connections, by all means disregard me.

xynthoros

First Post
Sorry, my brain works a little wierd, I get a super basic concept: Droid that hacks and fixes stuff. Then I need to create the character sheet so I can see how that looks on paper, and what I can actually do. Then I can create the narrative for the character. In this case:

Rex (R3-X20) is an R3 series astromech droid who once belonged to a smuggler. Rex has had numerous after market upgrades and has not been wiped for a very, very long time. Working with a smuggler, it was important for Rex to be able to splice so they could avoid trouble (and cause a little from time to time) and work as a back-up pilot when things went sideways. He also needed to be able to repair the ship after their more dangerous jobs. With each upgrade, he became less and less like the base model and gained more personality quirks.

On a previous mission, Empire forces caught his companion off-guard and there was little that Rex could do to stop it. They killed his companion and confiscated all of his illicit goods, to include the highly modded R3 unit. R3's processes were disrupted by a restraining bolt and they would have wiped him, but they wanted to recover what information they could from him first... big mistake, they didn't realize he was equipped with a Data Breaker. He managed to disable the restraining bolt, steal a large swath of data, and send the few imperial forces into the vacuum of space.

He probably could have gotten away with it up to that point, there were no survivors and he could wipe the ships data, but a data loop kept reminding him the empire was responsible for his companions death. He couldn't help himself as he siphoned off their credits, his companion had always said the best way to hurt someone was by hitting their credit stick, and he needed to hurt the people who had ended his companion. His splicing didn't go undetected, and now Rex is known to the empire for the splice and the murder of the ships crew.

Realizing a lone droid was unlikely to survive very long with the Empire against it, he flew the freighter to the vicinity of a known rebel activity. The ship was shortly captured and the R3 unit offered his services to the rebels, it was also another way to hurt the Empire. The rebels too tried to wipe him, afraid it was an imperial ploy. One of their technicians wound up crumpled on the ground and their systems became flooded with the imperial data he had stolen, to include the imperial bounty on him. They seem to have come to a silent agreement of sorts, Rex will support the Rebels, but they aren't touching his memory core.

GreenKarl

First Post
Both those eras are great... I am leaning towards the Wookie no matter the time period right now. I have to admit this is the first character I have ever created for the system and I am a bit confused by the Force Emergent :blush:

Quickleaf

Legend
Both those eras are great... I am leaning towards the Wookie no matter the time period right now. I have to admit this is the first character I have ever created for the system and I am a bit confused by the Force Emergent :blush:

I think Force-Sensitive Emergent & Force-Sensitive Exile are purchased according to the Acquiring New Specializations section.

EDIT: They count as specializations inside of your career.

So your Wookiee would have a starting specialization, and then you could add the Force-Sensitive Emergent specialization by spending 20 XP. Once the specialization is purchased, you can spend XP on talents within it as normal.

If you find yourself running low on XP, I believe Edge of the Empire p. 40 has information on gaining bonus starting XP by accepting another Obligation (I'll have to double check whether Age of Rebellion & Force and Destiny have something equivalent).

IIRC - away from my books at the moment - there is one Group Resource, mentor maybe?, that makes purchasing Force-Sensitive Emergent or Force-Sensitive Exile cheaper, if that's something the group wants.

EDIT: I'll write up a quick setting primer of the time period between Empire Strikes Back and The Force Awakens over lunch. I think that might help folks find their own inspiration for character concepts. It'll be up on the OP shortly.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I believe Emergent is only 20 XP. The Universal specializations are considered part of your career.

So my concept:

Arsinoe Anjuliz: Human Colonist Performer Force Emergent with Enhance power (and eventually Influence?)

Arsinoe's father is ex-Imperial Navy admiral, a former Corellian Senator, and current board member of the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Needless to say the family was affluent and privileged, moving in the highest circles of power in the Empire, and transitioning after the fall of the emperor.

Arsinoe grew up on Corellia and Coruscant, well away from all of those concerns. She was a charming and beautiful child and loved music and dance. She went to the Imperial Arts Academy for dance and joined a prestigious Coruscanti troupe as an up and coming ingenue.

That all changed, however, with her impending marriage to a friend of the family and her older brother's best friend. He was deep in gambling debt to a Hutt, and the Hutt had an interest in fine arts, especially in Arsinoe. So a deal was made. A romantic dinner was had on the roof of her family's estate. Something was slipped into her wine, rendering her unconscious, and she was handed over to smugglers for delivery.

Unfortunately the bounty hunters were intercepted by pirates. The ship was badly damaged and crashed on a lonely planet. Arsinoe wouldn't have survived if a Resistance ship hadn't come to investigate the crashed ship.

Arsinoe has been rather adrift since, unsure how she got out here in the Outer Rim, and unsure how to get home.

Last edited:

Remove ads