• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fluff me this: female tiefling + fey pact warlock!

Lord Xtheth

First Post
To give a general idea on what to make for a background for a fey-packed Tiefling female I just want to ask a couple questions.

What exactly constitutes a pact? Your character could swear a blood oath to the fey for her powers. Save a fey for its powers. Sacrifice a fey to the dark gods for her powers... and so on.

Aren't Nymphs also fey? Weren't they sexy not that long ago? I mean a long time ago, in an eddition far, far away your great great great (point 5) grand daddy could have cought wind that 4E would take away the Hotness of Nymphs and started mack-ing them while he could. Resulting in you having fey blood... or somthing.

What kind of Freeky-deeky powers does the feywild have anyway? I mean could it all be one big fey joke that you have these strange powers? Could you have eaten a strange magical mushroom Muffin and your fey pact is in fact some kind of cosmic diarhea? Or perhaps the feywild is like ravenloft and just forks over powers to who it sees fit for them.

Or... maybe the Gnomes did it. Do you have a strange Badger following you arround for no good reason?

rounser

First Post
"Hello and welcome to the Warlock Pact Fair."
<snip>
Brilliant. Love your work. :)

Warlocks and their pacts are one of my favourite parts of the new game. They're very D&D. I guess it's easy to overlook that when conciously trying to overlook a more than a bit of the other material.

Set

First Post
Eyes burning and fists clenched so hard that her nails drew blood from her palms, she fled into the night, the devil's laughter echoing behind her.

She could remember his mocking laughter, after all of her invocations and sacrifices. "Why would I give you *anything,* foolish girl. I have owned your soul since the moment of your conception, by dint of the blood in your veins. *My blood,* in your veins..."

She would find a way to keep her soul from that laughing jackal, even if she had to give it away to even less certain forces...

She had always hidden her hairy twisted legs under baggy boy's trousers or flowing peasant skirts, and her horns tucked into a towering hairstyle that looked completely out of place, and earned her much mocking from the townsfolk, but far better to be thought a moonstruck peasant girl who styled herself above her station than be seen as the descendent of fiends from hell itself...

And so it came as a shock to her when she awoke in the berryfields under the moonlight, having fallen asleep while gathering, to find herself surrounded by dancing figures playing strange pipes. They wore the horns on their heads openly, and their legs were as hairy and twisted as her own, with hooves clattering and thumping as they leapt and pranced about. Despite being of different blood, the satyrs were a friendly sort, so friendly indeed that she blushed to remember their crude words and gentle touches.

She was aware that when a girl fell asleep in the berryfields, sometimes she returned home with a gift growing inside of her, to the shame of her parents, but the gift she had received from the dancing fey did not grow in her belly, it was growing within her spirit, like a restless flock of birds fluttering around within her, waiting to burst free...

Have a lass playing a female Tiefling Warlock with the fey pact in my group, so I'm making it a point to print out some of these, particularly Lackhand's for her to read as possible background fodder.

Lackhand

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
Have a lass playing a female Tiefling Warlock with the fey pact in my group, so I'm making it a point to print out some of these, particularly Lackhand's for her to read as possible background fodder.

Klaus

First Post
Okay, here's my take:

image.php

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads