• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory

Arkhandus

First Post
The droplets of acid roll off of the armor without effect, and the armor is unmarred.

Snake is preoccupied with moving and inspecting treasure as he eats some trail rations for breakfast, and Argus had gone out of the cave in the morning to catch something to eat for himself. But Rolf seemed to have noticed the kobold cleric to be missing, as Valdir had, and nods when the elf brings it up. "I'll have Pup sniff around, and I'll check out the tunnels. If the kobold went outside, Argus might've noticed while he's hunting." So Rolf readies his longsword while he heads for the kobold tunnels, having prayed to Nylaethia for her boons already this morning.

Arkhandus

First Post
Zerash starts inspecting the items with Draconic markings, and tells Fleck of what he reads as he goes. The flask marked with Draconic runes, which radiated magic to Fleck's gem, reads "Libation of Anyspeech." The kobold wizard's cudgel is marked with Draconic runes all over, which Zerash reads as a very, very long verse of some sort of poem. It seems to be a poem about strength, battle, and victory. After reading these, Zerash may begin inspecting the spellbook's Draconic notes, if Fleck allows.

Pup sniffs around the cavern for a bit, but after wandering around the area a bit, Pup lays down and whines a bit, seemingly unable to track the scent of the kobold, even though Rolf made sure that Pup sniffed the items taken off that kobold before it was bound up. Either the cave's lingering chlorine stench, dragon stench, or general kobold stench is masking that individual kobold's scent in here, or the kobold went some way the wolf couldn't track him.

((minor mistake, the cudgel belonged to the kobold mage, but once or twice now I've referred to it as the kobold cleric's.))

Zildrax

First Post
Zerash nods in agreement at Fleck's words, the sides of his snout curl up slightly, teeth glimmering in the dim light, in a slightly relieved smile.

"Assuming none of your party objects, I would gladly travel with you to your next destination and tutor you in the ways of our most prestigeous language. Traveling in a group is always superior to alone, after all, and I am sure I would learn much myself in the process." He pauses a moment, glancing at one of the corpses, and then looks back up.

"Besides, these creatures must have tarnished your opinian of my faith. I would see such damage undone, if I could."

He looks to the rest of the party gathered, awaiting any objections.

Memnus

First Post
Fleck hunches his shoulders in embarassment and looks away from Rolf. "You ... won't track him very well. He silenced me before I noticed e was free, and I tried to stop him, but... He trails off and shrugs, clearly not one who could bodily prevent another from escaping. "He had this concealed." He holds up a torn cloth pouch, much like the others taken from slain kobolds. "Depending on how many more he had, he could have gotten pretty far.

firehorse

First Post
Valdir cusses a bit in Forestal before finally sighing and shrugging characteristically. "Well, so much for 'convincing' that kobold cleric to raise Bristletail."

Turning to Zerash, he shrugs again, "I don't mind if you tag along. Could be useful to have a cleric."

((What + is the breastplate?))

Arkhandus

First Post
((Won't know IC until it's Identified.))

Rolf stops as he's about to start searching the kobold tunnels. "Well, huh. I guess it won't hurt though to look for any fresh tracks..... I'll check around just a bit, it's not likely much would show up on these rocky tunnel floors."

firehorse

First Post
((Logically, I wouldn't think characters would really know what '+' it has. All they know is that it is magical and, now, acid resistant. **shrug** I'll assume it is +1 for now, since it has to be at least that, and you can adjust my AC in combat accordingly until we ID it.))

Last edited:

Memnus

First Post
((Fleck might be able to tell you that there are five distinct levels of enchantment that normal mortals can put into a general protective magic, and three distinct levels of elemental protection, and the market prices for each of them, but he'd be more verbose about it than a simple number.))

Fleck glares at Valdir, hearing the emphasis on 'convincing'. "Somehow I don't think your ways of convincing would have helped." He starts scooping coins, and the more bulky and less magical items, into the magical bag. "Wouldn't stuff be easier to examine in the sunlight?"

(Two questions - between the bag, the haversack, and the cart, will we need another cart? And are there any other exits to outside from the dragon's horde room?)

Arkhandus

First Post
((1. Not really, Fleck. The magic bag will hold an incredible amount of junk. 2. There are no other exits from the dragon's chamber, it only seems to have the one entrance to the main chamber.))

Remove ads